1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sigma Auto's OEM EV button for 06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Kross, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Kross

Kross New Member

So, I am thinking about purchasing the OEM EV button for my '06 Prius from Sigma Automotive. I believe it is $57. Once I get that, will that be the only thing I will need to install it in the car and have the EV mode work correctly?

Also, I did find different posts on PC as far as directions are concerned (Thanks Search function!), but my question is, would a Toyota dealership install it for me if I took it to them? I am a novice at best when it comes to working on cars, but am unsure if an actual Toyota dealership would be willing to install the part.

Ideas, experiences... labor costs?

2. Thomas Brock

Thomas Brock New Member

I belive that the Sigma kit is all inclusive. I haven't purchased one, so take that with a grain of salt.

As for dealerships installing the kit? That's something you'd have to ask your service manager...I've heard that some will and some won't.

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    you'll need some wires, some pins, a soldering kit, and a wire tap. and you'll need to pull some parts of the dash apart.

afaik the pins that come with the 06 button are too large, we're putting together an 06 harness for one of our fellow PC members and will have to find out the correct pin size. when we do, we'll share the info. i don't know if Edward has found the right size pins yet or not.

and for dealer install... honestly most of them have never heard of the EV switch and have no idea or interest. you might approach a tech and ask him if he's interested in a side job though :) many are receptive to that idea.

4. 240sxer

240sxer New Member

I wanted to order a EV button for my 06 but on Sigma's site they act like the buttons for the 04-06 are the same. I see no option to select that mine is an 06 which makes me think i'll be getting the wrong button. Anyone know what's up with that?

5. TheForce

TheForce Stop War! Lets Rave! Make Love!

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Add the button to your order. When you check out there will be an option for comments. Tell them you need the 06 button.