1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sign the petition for tax incentives for after market plug ins

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by priuskitty, Sep 5, 2012.

1. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  2. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    so I did........

3. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    only 277 signatures so far.......comon guys/gals! sign the petition!

4. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  5. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  6. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  7. priuskitty

priuskitty PIP FAN

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  8. Gun owning Prius driver

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  9. ultraturtle

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Anytime my Likes Received/Posts ratio lingers well below 50%, as it does now, I respect the irrelevance of my opinion and try to refrain from posting, but wanted to state the following perspective to help keep our community from being percieved negatively by a great many out there that neither embrace nor respect an energy conservative perspective...

I signed the petition very reluctantly. The grammatical and sentence/paragraph/logic construction errors in the petition reflect poorly on those of us that support the general idea, and I was therefore timid to place my name on it. Does anyone on this forum know "Jack C" of Troy, MI, and if so, can you please implore him to either edit (which I doubt would be permitted), or withdraw and resubmit the petition with language that states the position in a manner that would appeal to a broader range of supporters? He can find much help here. There are probably hundreds of folks on this forum (numerous college professors included - we know who you are...) that can spark up the language to make it not only structurally and grammatically correct, but a more compelling argument. I have little doubt that most of the several hundred folks that signed the original version will be back to sign an improved version, so little would be lost, especially considering that the current count of 289 represents a little over 1% of the 25,000 that this site considers significant enough to be heard.

10. ryogajyc

ryogajyc Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Isn't that Jack Chen of Enginer, which is based out of Troy, MI?
    Contact Us | Prius Plugin PHEV Conversion Kit with Lithium-Ion | Hybrid Plug In

It could use some improvement, but I don't think it's that bad. Anyhow, at least you have a lead for contact.

11. drinnovation

drinnovation EREV for EVER!

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    While I'm a dyslexic and hence did not see any little problems ultra turtule may have, I had a very hart time even understanding parts of it, and could not sign it as written. I'm totally agree that if discussing a petition to the whitehouse, good writing will matter. Maybe someone can help it along with the rewrite, but I'm not even sure what some parts are trying to say. I could try to rewrite (PM me if you want me to), but maybe it would be better lead by someone that does not also need an added proof reader for little things.

And for that that care.. Colorado already does provide a credit for them.. a 4kWh pack is just $750 net price installed!

(And ultra-turtle.. I gave you a like.. I miss the "thanks" buttons which were more obvious to me to click when I was thanking someone. I'm not as much a "facebook" crowd and to me, "like" is not the same as "thanks".

ultraturtle likes this.
  12. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed. i would 'like' a thanks button too!

ultraturtle likes this.
  13. ultraturtle

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Amen to that. I just posted to following to the "PriusChat Website Questions" forum. I would urge anyone that agrees with the perspective to read the whole thing through, and not hit "like", but rather post a simple "+1".

Several of us on the Prius Plug-In sub-forum really, really dislike the change of the label to express appreciation for one's post from "thank" to "like" that apparently took place along with the (in my opinion) outstanding other features of the recent site upgrade. Call us old fashioned, but there is a significant difference between expressing appreciation for one's post via a "thank", and the more ambiguous and creepy "like" which could apply to either the post or the poster. We get it that modern social media such as Twitter and Facebook use "like" terminology, but suggest that if you really feel it necessary to include, you add it as an addition to, not a replacement of our preferred "thank". I for one, am far less likely to "like" a PriusChat member's submission than I am to ''thank'' them for posting it.

I'd ask that anyone that agrees support this request to change the prompt back to "thank" not by hitting the "like" prompt on this post, but by replying here with a simple "+1". I really, really do not like the "like" prompt.

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/we-dont-like-like.114917/#ixzz25vKOVvKI

14. CharlesH

CharlesH CA HOV Decal #5 on former PiP

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    +1