1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silence is assent -- HR 5734

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bwilson4web, May 14, 2008.

1. donee

donee New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Hi All,

Based on that traffic fatalty analysis report, it makes more sense to REQUIRE that Pickup Trucks have rear view cameras motion detectors, and reverse beepers rather than Prius have noise makers.

I know of one fatalaty in a western suburban vehicle Dealarship (Koeller Dodge on Ogden Avenue) that would have had a good chance of being avoided had the Pickup truck had a rear view camera and some kinda beeper that the truck was approaching an object. Even a backup beeper might have helped.

2. SparrowHawk60

SparrowHawk60 Happy to be green!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Bubb Rubb and Little Sis, couldn't they find two stupider people to tell that side of the story?

Hey look, I don't really want to be told about any more friggin rules I will now have to follow, but this Bell Act is really a waste of time and money on behalf of Congress.
    The law will get put on the books, like so many others, it will become largely over looked or not enforced.
    I can drive my car in the rain with out my head lights on, while talking on my cell phone, with the kids jumping up and down in the back with out any car seats, not use any turn signals when switching lanes to tailgate some one ahead of me, of course I'd be doing at least 10 mph over the limit...
    Chances of getting a ticket, about 0% on a major highway, 50-50 in or around town.

Ted Kennedy's car was noisey yet it killed someone, my Prius hasn't done so yet!

3. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius