1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SilkBlaze rear spoiler & Premium sound muffler set done

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by powerjo, Feb 28, 2012.

1. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    SilkBlaze rear skirt & Premium sound muffler set (4xexhaust)done

Ordered from Japan months ago and just finished the installation.
    The sound becomes a little bit noisier, but alike racing car. :D
    Still keeps silent while the car is running battery.
    You'll hear the "powerful" acceleration sound while you step on the accelerator. :p

Need to move the parking sensors about 1.5 inches upward while installing the rear spoiler.

Apart from the function of the exhausts. I like the outlook of the set more than the one I had. That was the Kenstyle Aero Kit. The front and side parts are good, but the back is quite weak for Kenstyle. That is the reason why I change to SilkBlaze set. :rockon:

Attached Files:

2. drew935

drew935 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Looks good for the rear skirt. 4 exhaust on the prius. Hmmm. If it was a single 80mm I think that would be more suitable. ;) But at least it's an upgrade. It is catback or just axel back?

3. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    this is the rear bumper before painted. FYR. :)

Attached Files:

4. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can we see the front please?? thanks

5. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Actually, the front is just the one I installed - Kenstyle aero kit.
    I only changed the back this time. :D

Attached Files:

6. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi drew935,
    sorry I'm not so familiar in vehicles. ;)
    I don't know about cutback or axel back.

Post you a photo for the exhaust set. Hope you can get the answer :p

Attached Files:

7. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Looks Awesome! More pictures from the front and side please!

8. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    can you list all your exterior mods
    i know you have the kenstyle front bumper, so I'm assuming you have their side skirts.
    is the silkblaze a rear bumper and a rear diffuser (and exhaust obviously) or is it just the diffuser?

did you replace the sideview mirrors to get the turn indicators or is there a mirror cover available that has the indicators built into them? and how difficult is it to wire those to work with the turn signal stalk?

does the kenstyle come with those LEDs or is that something you added? Can LEDs be wired to the old fog light harness so no additional switches have to be added to the dash? or does it require a different way to be wired? if its different do you just wrap the old fog light harnesses in electrical tape and tuck it away and will that throw any codes?

What shark fin antenna is that and how is the fm reception compared to the oem? my haynes manual says I can unscrew the antenna mast with a strong grip but that the base removal should be left to professionals.

I added a second prius this winter, a boring black one with front and rear bumpers damaged, but the price was just too good to pass up, so I'm thinking of replacing with cool F&R bumpers and making it lime green and shadow tinting the head and taillamps. A quality paint job is very expensive so i was hoping to save money by doing the sanding myself and skipping the side skirts but now that I've seen yours it would probably look stupid without the side skirts that 'complete the profile'.

I would greatly appreciate your opinions, I am disappointed in the gen II aerokits after seeing some of the gen III aerokits avail out there. My dream prius would have the outside look like a gen III, the inside be a gen II with maybe some cool looking and more comfortable plaid seats out of a GTI

9. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't realize you were in HK, no wonder you have a body kit you are driving on some of the smoothest roads in the world. I've been there 7 times but never since 97. how much sales tax is levied on economy cars? luxury cars? exotic sports cars? It used to be 1000% on some of the more expensive cars yet only 200% on british cars, which is why HK used to be called the Rolls Royce capital of the world. (not sure if its still that way)

In college my friend asked his dad for a BMW M3, his father sent him what it would cost in Indonesia, well in america my friend bought an M3, a Dodge durange for the winter and a Ferrari 355 Berlinetta and still had $150,000 USD to spare for gas, insurance and anything else we could imagine. When my uncle would visit from HK I would take him to the Ferrari dealerships, he would ask them how much the cars were and would exclaim, "What a wonderful country, cars are almost free, I can buy a ferrari for less than a bmw in HK!!!!"

And why is resale value so bad in HK? My grandpa had a toyota avalon, maybe $35,000USD (270,000HKD) when new and after 10 years it only had 8,000 miles, kept in garage in wonderful HK climate, he said he could only sell it for around $500USD (4,000HKD), in our country that car would fetch at least $25,000 ($194,000) as it would be considered almost new.

But you have to pay $10,000 for a custom license plate in HK, we pay less than $100. I once met a man there with a Chevy Corvette, I asked him why he drove it, he said it costs so much to move the steering wheel over to the other side that he was happy to drive the only Corvette in all of Hong Kong.

I know gas is around $18 HKD per liter which comes out to around $8.37 USD per gallon which is roughly 2.5 times what we are paying per gallon in america so I am just wondering how popular the Prius is in HK?

10. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi cnschult,

Actually, you can click on my signature's links to go through the details what I'd modded. :D

Below is the list of my mods:

1. Kenstyle body kits (Now only keep using the front lip and side skirts)
    2. Beatsonic shark fin antenna
    3. Original turn signal light covers and auto-fold moduel added.
    4. Philips LED Day Light 8
    5. Rays Super Eco 17" Formula Silver with Bridgestone GR90 215/45/R17
    6. Silk Blaze rear bumper with Premium sound muffler 4 exhausts set
    7. HID 6000K headlight
    8. PU seat covers
    9. Celica rear wing
    10. DIY 3M carbon fiber vinyl in differnt body parts (internal and external)
    11. Tint tail light covers
    12. added Dice Silverline Duo to connect iPod touch (can use the touch screen and steering wheel remote)

Sorry I am not sure about the tax about the cars for different classes.
    But for the owners of Prius are growing in HK. On the other hand, still, a lot of people do not accept Hybrid car or electronic car.
    They are still afraid of the failure of the battery. We (Prius owners) can only enjoy ourselves ! :rockon:

11. powerjo

powerjo Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A