1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silly question about lifting carpet drivers side

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by ukrelic, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ukrelic

ukrelic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am having to replace my Cat and O2 sensor thanks to some local lowlifes who stole them from my wife;s car at our local hospital whist she was working as a midwife.

I have a silly problem indeed to lift the carpet to fit a new Lambda sensor but the black plastic footrest appears to be holing the carpet to the floor does anyone know how its removed ? Its really unclear if i have to remove the lower centre console i can find various threads and videos but they seem to contridict each other. Its a UK spec Gen 2 2008 any help will be gratefully received

ydpplqbd likes this.
  2. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    On right-hand drive models, the front floor footrest (Toyota part number 58190-20010) is held in place by two clips (90467-09220 and 58199-20050). The Repair Manual (more info) suggests using a screwdriver when removing it. This web page (in Japanese) is for another model, but photos 3–6 show the general arrangement of the footrest and clips: フットレストバー取付け① | トヨタ カルディナ by すっとん - みんカラ

ukrelic and ydpplqbd like this.
  3. ukrelic

ukrelic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the heads up got it off in the end by just fulling carpet up and the foot rest popped off with no issue and went back just as easy for the record i didn't need to remove any of the Dashboard to change O2 sensor which is what i feared. In fact this job was easier than expected.but id still like to break the legs of the people who stole the Cat.

Elektroingenieur likes this.