1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver Pine Mica color choice

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by MsDaisy, Jun 12, 2008.

1. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Looking for comments from owners of the Silver Pine Mica color Prius...

I'm waiting on my '08 Prius in Silver Pine Mica (Pkg 6, non-touring) to arrive on 6/23. I was able to get it last week without getting on a waiting list as the dealer had it coming in but it had not been reserved yet. I had just told the salesman earlier last week that I was looking for a Prius with Pkg 5 or 6, no particular color choice. This color would not have been my first choice, going by the pictures on the Toyota website or by the little color swatch you see on the dealers website. The salesman showed me a Camry on the lot that he said was close to what the SPM looks like and I really loved it...it was more silvery than outright green. Is that really the case with the SPM? (I don't mind the sorta soft moss green look that is on the Toyota website if that is indeed the true color, but I really like the more silvery version much better.)

So, now that you know what the Silver Pine Mica really looks like in person, would you choose the color again (or even for the first time if you are like me and just took whatever was available to avoid a lengthy wait)? I will not be offended if you think the color sucks!

Thanks!

2. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Silver Pine Mica was not my first choice in August of 2006, but that was the color of the first available package 6 model. I like the color for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that dirt doesn't show up as soon as other colors.

3. jjksutton

jjksutton New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I think SPM looks really nice. It was my wife's second choice to Spectra Blue.

4. randyb359

randyb359 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I love the color. It looks way better in real life than in the pictures. It looks green during the day and siver at night

5. freshmtt

freshmtt Dachshund Addict

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think you are very lucky,, that was my 1st color choice, I really liked it when I saw it in the showroom, then I went to another dealer where I bought my Prius and fell in love with the Seaside Pearl. I ended up with the Driftwood Pearl and I am very happy. I think you will be happy with the Silver Pine Mica, especially if it has the Bisque interior,, the showroom model looked so classy

6. MsDaisy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

Bisque leather interior. I was hoping that I would get some positive comments. My first choice would have probably been the Driftwood Pearl, but I'm happy with what I wound up with!

7. Chasek

Chasek New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Bought our silver Pine Mica last August and love it. Doesn't show dirt. We're in FL and didn't want dark color. We have dark interior and it's a great contrast. Had many nice comments about the color

8. PriusSport

PriusSport senior member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My first choices were the silver pine mica (which I got) and the seaside pearl blue.
    A great color. Hides the dirt and doesn't get too hot in the summer. Green color for a green car.

9. greylar

greylar New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just got my SPM #5 a couple weeks ago. I wasn't on my list of colors but it has grown on me and I really like it now especially with tinted windows. I don't think you can go wrong with that color.

G

10. MsDaisy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Mine is supposed to have the tinted windows too, which is great for me. I recently had Lasik surgery and the UV protection is highly recommended.

Okay, I'm getting excited about my Silver Pine Mica. Think I'll name her "Rita", as in short for marguerita. The color makes me think of a big pitcher of margueritas.

11. sdtundra

sdtundra Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That was my first color choice, Silver Pine, but the dealer had 2 cars in the newspaper ad back in March, i drove in, Barcelona Red i think or Super White....the Red was $200 more than the ad price(Wth?) so i took the white. They had a SPM Touring #6 but it was too much out of my budget.

12. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I Love mine!! You don't see the dirt!! Besides it's the ONLY TRUE GREEN PRIUS! :D

13. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've had silver cars for the last 18 years....so I thought it is time for a change. Absolutely love the Silver Pine Mica...fits perfect with a Hybrid vehicle.

14. icarus

icarus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My wife traveled 100 miles to look at the silver pine mica. We had never seen one before. She wanted this color because she was tired of having a car the same color as all the others in town. She drove a Sub outback (green) and there are hundreds of the same here in our town. She ordered it in that color in 4/07 and got it in 2 weeks. Now the silver pine micas are EVERYWHERE!

Our license plate are sequntial, so you can see what order they have come in. Hers was the first,,, She's pissed!

Nice color though, shows little dirt, stay cool,

Icarus

15. zephyr9900

zephyr9900 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I've noticed the silver pine mica no longer shows up as an option for my zip code. I guess they're retiring it after the '08s? It's one of my three color choices with my dealers that I'm on the waiting list for. Looks like I probably won't be getting it!

16. ctbering

ctbering Rambling Man

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I have the SPM which has a interesting grey tint that is more like a nice light green mist..It was hands down my wife and I first color choice. That is not meant to put down any of the other colors. Over the years I have owned an interesting burnt orange in a 1977 Celica, a cherry bomb red in my 1982 Celica, a black in my civic ex, maroon in my 1997 camry and ink blue in my 2004 highlander lmt. I am just trying to stay alive long enough to go through all the Toyota colors.
    The SPM as everyone has commented on stays clean looking even after a few rains. I am biased but it seems like a perfect color for this green machine, excuse my pun. In answer to your question, I like the color choice even better after owning it over a month and I especially like the color's ability to not highlight every imperfection (dirt) like my dark colored cars

17. Dipena

Dipena Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    As soon as I saw one, it was my favorite color. However, I have a seaside pearl because my youngest daughter insisted on a blue car. (Yeah, I know, way to let your kid control your life.) I love my color, but I long for yours. Lucky you!

18. GatorJZ

GatorJZ Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I hate green and green cars. That being said, Silver Pine Mica looks really nice on the Prius, I'm certain you will like it. Good choice for a "Green" car.

19. MsDaisy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I was a little apprehensive about taking it sight unseen so you have all reassured me that I made the right choice. My salesman called this morning to let me know that it should be arriving any time now. They had 3 that were scheduled to come in on 6/23 and one of them had actually come in this week. So hopefully mine will arrive very soon. I can hardly wait!

20. judymcfarland

judymcfarland Queen of Moral Indignation

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I had originally rejected SPM because I did NOT want a silver Prius. However, when I met Fiona "in person" it was love at first sight. I've had many compliments on the color - which I think of more like a frosty pine. And she does not show the dirt as others have said.