1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver pine Mica finds a home in OC

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by tiffnco, Mar 14, 2008.

1. tiffnco

tiffnco New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone!

It was just last week, when the news announced gas prices are expected to exceed $4/gallon, that I decided it was time to get rid of my nearly-new GMC Acadia and go for a hybrid.

Test drove a Prius on Saturday...did some research and internet shopping and am pleased to say that I drove home my Silver Pine Mica Package #6 last night.

Less than 24 hours and I see that I'm already obsessed with tracking my MPG progress...I'm in trouble now! Anyway, I"m loving the car and certainly don't feel as f I downgraded at all. I have lots of learning to do this weekend and so many manuals to read.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello!

2. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome tiffnco! I'd say you did a big-time upgrade! Good move. Glad to have you in the community - great place for the best information on these very smart cars.:welcome:

3. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Great color choice...Silver Pine Mica

Congrats and welcome... from one OC Prius owner to another :)

Now, back to my :washing:

4. HardCase

HardCase SilverPineMica, the green one

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :welcome:.....and I must say that you got the best, or certainly the "greenest", color!! I don't know what an Acadia even is, but seeing the GMC in front of the name causes me to think it is probably a gas-guzzler. You'll love the Prius, the perfect car for S. Cal. Now if only my sister, who lives in OC, would get one......I'll keep working on her.

5. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, tiffnco! In addition to the rather dense Toyota manuals, take a look at the manuals John1701a has put together. Easier to understand, but he also had great material if you want to go deeper. Lots of good material on PC too, read the stickys in each forum that interests you.

6. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome and great color choice. When I saw OC, I originally assumed you meant Oregon City, Oregon, but now I see it is Orange County. Please say hello ot Micky Mouse and Pluto if you run into them. They are old freinds of mine.

7. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Good choice of color. Fits the look of a green car. :eek: Welcome to the forum.

Yep, gas prices will continue to rise. Diesel in our area is already at 4.099/gallon. Premium gasoline is 3.599/gallon. Regular is 3.299/gallon.

8. tiffnco

tiffnco New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Now it's time for me to go program the garage door button in the car. Poor thing has been parked outside all night...it must be cold and lonely!

9. NoMoShocks

NoMoShocks Electrical Engineer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Oh yeah, I bet it got down to almost 60 last night in the OC. That is a great idea I never thought of before. If I clean all that junk out, I could park a car in there. Is that why the door is so big? I have always wondered about that big door in garrages.