1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver Pine Mica pics?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ranchogirl, Jun 19, 2008.

1. okiebutnotfrommuskogee

okiebutnotfrommuskogee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Here is a picture of ours. We love it and have had lots of compliments on the color.

Attached Files:

2. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Because they're still up above and they're big. I didn't want to take up extra wasted space by blindly quoting when all I needed was the text.

3. KandyRedCoi

KandyRedCoi S is for Super!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    LOL mr zorg...your welcome hehe

rancho...if you really wanna go "green" then the SPM is probably the best color to have...let us know what you come up with

4. bobonlsd

bobonlsd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I'm also a happy SPM owner. I waffled when I saw the pictures, but it's a beautiful car in person -- the most classy look of any of the colors. My wife has the flashy red. Go figure.

5. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I think it looks nauseating, but color is a very personal choice. To me, greens are a very hard car color. It's one of two colors I would've rejected back in '05 when I was on the waiting list--black's the other, since I don't like to wash my car constantly, and black shows more dirt than any other color. It's really no use asking others. If *you* like it, and it meets your needs, by all means buy it.

6. VT

VT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If *you* like it, and it meets your needs, by all means buy it.

I agree with the above statement it's a personal choice and how can anyone say one color is better than another? But it is fun to hear other opinions on the subject.

7. Kentuckykid

Kentuckykid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    First post, second Prius (first one was an '04). '07 pkg 6 with bra, side molding, tinted windows plus sun visors and shark fin antenea. Love the car!:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. MsDaisy

MsDaisy Goddess of Green-land

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had the same reaction about the color when I saw it on the Toyota website. It definitely would NOT have been in my top 3 color choices. But my dealership had a Pkg 6 in SPM with Bisque leather coming in on 6/23 that nobody had reserved. I thought, "hmm..wonder why". The salesman told me that the color was much better in person, that it looked silver at night, etc. So I decided to take the car rather than adding my name to a long wait list.

I found this forum and asked for comments from SPM owners -whether they would take the same color again. Every comment was very positive. So I'm glad I took the chance and I will get my new Prius early next week after only about a 2.5 week wait. Not bad!

9. Birdums

Birdums You, me, and da Pri

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I actually decided on SPM, sight unseen, as a practical matter. I wanted a color that minimized the look of dirt or rock chips... driftwood pearl would have been the natural choice, but as I detest brown, that was a no-go. I was tired of seeing silver cars, so narrowed the choices to SPM and white. DH chose SPM. Neither of us had actually seen the color in person, just the brochures.

I get compliments on the color of the car quite often, and I rather like the chameleon-like quality of it. And I do like having a green 'green' car :D

As for the interior, I chose gray, again because I don't like brown, and I thought the darker color would show dirt less. Later, I realized that the car matches my beloved quaker parrot (green and gray), so I'm thinking it would be cool to have quaker parrot car seat covers... if I only knew where to get some!

10. MarkFive

MarkFive Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius