1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Silver Pine Mica Poll

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jeneric, Dec 7, 2005.

?
  1. I love it

28.6%
  2. I like it

28.6%
  3. It's Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No Opionion, to each his own or variety is good

14.3%
  5. I'm not into it

14.3%
  6. I don't like it

14.3%
  7. I hate it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I will not conform

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kbertsche

kbertsche Junior Member

I looked at SPM on a Sienna and didn't like it. So I ordered Seaside as my first choice. But I just saw a SPM '06 Prius, and it looks pretty good. I like it. The color looks a lot better (to me) on a Prius than on a Sienna.

2. Cocoatreat

Cocoatreat New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    i'm really not into it..........bring back tideland pearl........that is an awesome color.......my 1st choice........but i ended up with red salsa.......which has become my #2 choice....its a beauty... but tideland pearl was & is STILL a looker......silver pine mica......looks like a hospital room on a car! :eek: :unsure: :huh:

3. gnagel

gnagel New Member

I'm hoping that I'll soon be voting for "I love it" or at least "I like it" in this poll.

I purchased my '06 Prius in silver pine without having seen the color on a car. I only saw a small sample that was barely bigger than my fingernail. It was difficult to envision what the color will look over the whole car and in outdoor lighting conditions.

I generally like the lighter greens on cars, so I am fairly confident that I will be happy with it.

4. sunnysandiegan

sunnysandiegan New Member

EXACTLY my experience and reaction! :)

I had previously voted I don't like it, but I'd have to change my vote now that I saw the color on an actual Prius this afternoon. I would still prefer a medium green (similar to seaside, but green), but I liked the SPM. DH, on the other hand, said, "I don't like it at all." When I was testing how serious he was about not liking it, he indicated he would never consider buying it.

5. Jeffreywho

Jeffreywho New Member

I love it. Think it looks hot with the dark tint.

6. buenafe

buenafe New Member

I ordered the car and color before actually seeing the color. The color is growing on me. I have the leather tan option. The slightly tinted window makes everything look "green".

7. northvan

northvan New Member

I took a delivery of my silver pine mica here in Canada 2 days before Christmas, Santa was very good to me! I waited for an 06 because I didn't want the Ivory interior (shows dirt), the only cars in Canada that had the grey interior were silver or black exterior and I wanted something different.

I think the colour looks great, very happy with it.

8. ECHOSYS

ECHOSYS New Member

We took delivery of our 2006 Pkg 7 this past Thursday. It is SPM but I think the dealers description of the color is better - PISTACHIO!

I LIKE IT BECAUSE IT HAS PASSED THE DIRT TEST. It's nasty around here this time of year and all the cars are covered with road dirt and salt. Black is unacceptable and only lighter colored cars seem to wear the dirt respectably. Pistachio (SPM) wears it very well, thank you.

Ed

9. Asian Brad

Asian Brad New Member

i liked it originally after seeing it online, but seeing it in person it's kinda pastel. i was hoping for more of a light green hint on a silver vehicle. oh well.

10. Arklier

Arklier New Member

I voted to each their own, but I've never seen it in person.

Can't be any uglier than the color I saw on this orange Cavalier earlier today. It looked like someone ate a pumpkin pie and puked it up with sparklies in it.