1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Simple display question; very new member

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by yeswab, Dec 28, 2006.

1. yeswab

yeswab Don't know actual Package

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I have an '06 Prius with the second-highest option package. Sorry, I don't remember its number. (Top sound system, no GPS.)

Like a goofball, I made the mistake of hitting "Off" on my display. Now, I'd like to set my hair on fire and run screaming into traffic.

Now, the display stays dark unless I hit one of the four functions, and when the selected type of info comes up, it does the annoying-in-this-situation, nice-normally thing of slowly fading up to full brightness.

I understand disabling the switching-from-one-info-type-to-another, but can't seem to just get the thing to stay ON.

Any help will be much appreciated, and boy, do I have more questions to come! Love the car, though (except for rear and rear-right visibility). :rolleyes:

2. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(yeswab @ Dec 28 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]367641[/snapback]</div>
    There's a button on the steering wheel - something like 'Info' - press that and you'll get your display back.
    There's also an 'info' button next to the display - lower right.

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    ;) Another "solution" - if you have the NAV system...

I used to get irritated at myself or my wife when I or she would touch the map screen to ask a question since the map scrolls to center the point where you touch it, sometimes completely OFF the icon representing your current position. Easy solution... press the "MAP" button on the dash and the display returns to have your position centered.

*SIGH* There's indeed so much to learn, and I've been driving Prius since mid 2004. Some of these 'features' are to be found in the Owner's Manual, but many are NOT to be found there. This is one reason that PriusChat is such a valuable resource.

TO YOU... A HAPPY, HEALTHY & PROSPEROUS 2007

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, yeswab! Like Charles said, there are many answers here, and the Search link at the top of the page is your friend...

Info on the steering wheel or screen bezel should restore your display. You could also try hitting Audio and then Display and see if you can turn it on from there. The screen fade-on is more a matter of the cooler temperatures than a programmed function. LCDs respond slower at lower temperatures. See if it doesn't pop on next summer.