1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Simple Savings Spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by SkiTrak, Sep 5, 2010.

1. SkiTrak

SkiTrak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I just bought my first Prius, a 2010 V ATP and I want to track my MPG as well as how much money I am saving over my last car. My last car was a Subaru Outback, which I loved, It got 25 MPG constantly over its life which was 8 years 220,000 miles. Using the price at the pump at my last fill up gas was $2.639 for 89 (Subaru min) and $2.519 for 87 (Prius min)) the total cost of gas would be $23,223.19 for the Subaru and assuming 50 mpg on the Prius the cost would be $11,083.60 for a savings of $12,139.59 for me and 4400 gallons of gas for the environment.

Of course there are other things involved like Battery replacement and other maintenance. Since I tracked all my Subaru maintenance over its life I will be able to compare the cost of maintenance with some sort of inflation factor.

Anyway I put together this very simple spreadsheet to track my savings and thought I would share it for anyone who might be interested. The blue columns are the input columns. You will need to add rows and copy a blank row to put the formulars in the new rows. I am not an excel expert so I am sure there is probably a better way to do this. Anyway I attached the xls and xlsx versions for you.

Comments will be appreciated,

Attached Files:

2. SkiTrak

SkiTrak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    looks like the upload does not like the xlsx file so I zipped it.

Attached Files: