1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Single beep opening driver's door

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by edstewbob, Jul 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edstewbob

edstewbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    About 3 weeks ago our Gen III (Prius III with Nav and Solar) began generating a single standard duration (maybe 1 second, similar duration to reverse beep) beep each time the driver's door is opened. It only occurs with the driver's door and happens whether the car is locked, unlocked, started or not. We had our reverse beep-beep converted to a single beep about 2 months ago and now this single beep is annoying each time we open the driver's door whether we are inside our outside of the car. I can't find any information on Priuschat or elsewhere on this and my dealer so far has been no help, although I have not taken it to have repair look at it. We are concerned that there is something wrong and don't know what else to look for. We could not find anything in the user manual that described why this beep would continue occurring.

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    By any chance you have the 2nd FOB stored in the car? Also, look at the dash to see what the error message (if any) is being displayed when you get the beep.

3. jorbock

jorbock New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The car will make that extra beep when the driver's door is unlocked if the sunroof is open. I guess it's to remind you that it's open.

3 people like this.
  4. edstewbob

edstewbob Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The sunroof was apparently open a little bit even though we could not see that. I opened and closed it and the beep went away. Thanks a bunch.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.