1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius; poor quality??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Peter_C, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Canuck

Canuck Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I just bought a Starmate ST1C Sirius receiver for $99 CAD. It's small, portable and took me about 30 minutes to fit in the Prius. Magnetic type antenna which I mounted right beside the Prius stub , ran the antenna wire in at the top of the hatch opening, around outside the hatch seal and inside, over the seal at the bottom then along the right toward the centre console, under the passenger seat. Haven't decided whether to use the suction cup mount yet. It is controlled by a remote and has the built-in FM transmitter so that without further wiring I just tune my Prius fitted FM receiver to 90.3Mhz and from there I have all the satellite radio channels to enjoy on the JBL speakers. The music reproduction is very good and the speech/talk ,while not the best, is quite acceptable. Have had absolutely no interference so far. Also have the home kit so have satellite radio in the house on our entertainment centre. The monthly fee is kinda' pricey at $14.95 CAD.

2. SirGreen

SirGreen New Member

I just had this unit installed by the book and it interacts nice but their is a bit of static
    static. More so on the talk shows. Its okay for now till Toyota comes out with the factoy Tuner this summer

[/color]
    SiriusPrius Rules!
    Stock Image

* Home
    * SiriusPrius
    * Testimonials
    * Order

SIRIUS Satellite Radio is now available for all 2005/2004 Prius regardless of option package. SiriusPrius is a fully integrated solution that works directly with the Prius radio. The audio quality is superior to stand-alone units that connect via cassette adapters or FM modulators.

There's no drilling, no holes, no unsightly tape on your beautiful dashboard. Installation is really easy with our highly detailed installation DVD.

18 Presets 18 SIRIUS Presets on Screen! - Pushing the AM button on your Prius radio normally brings up your AM stations, but pushing it one more time with the SiriusPrius kit brings up your first 6 presets of SIRIUS Satellite radio. There are 3 preset screens for SIRIUS giving you 18 presets. Click on the image to the left to see a larger image of the Prius Multi-Function Display.

Song and Artist Shows Song and Artist on Screen! - Pushing the "Text" button on the Prius Multi-Function Display shows you the SIRIUS channel as well as the artist and title of the content you are listening to. Each line shows up to 10 characters. Click on the image to the left to see a larger image of the Prius Multi-Function Display.

Upgraded Antenna UPGRADED Ultra-Low Profile Antenna! - We would never sell a product that we weren't happy to use in our own cars. That's why we threw out the antenna that is paired with the SIRIUS tuner and searched high and low for the best antenna available. The new antenna is magnetic mount, has an ultra-low profile, and has a 21 foot wire enabling you to customize your own installation.

DVD and Manual Highly Detailed Instructional DVD Included! - The kit includes everything you need to install the tuner in your 2005 or 2004 Prius including the tuner, the upgraded antenna, a logic cable, fasteners, an instruction manual, and a DVD that shows the whole process. Made by the same people who made the highly-acclaimed DVD for the other satellite radio service. Our customers agree, our DVD is invaluable!

The kit with SIRIUS Satellite Tuner, the SIRIUS logic cable, upgraded ultra-low profile SIRIUS Satellite Antenna, necessary fasteners, detailed instruction manual, and our DVD instructional video are yours for just $395.00 plus applicable sales tax and shipping.

If you live near Northern New Jersey, you can arrange to bring us your 2005 or 2004 Prius and we will install your SIRIUS Satellite Radio for just $495.00 plus applicable sales tax.
    Order Now!

© 2003-2005 Internection, LLC. All rights reserved.
    "SIRIUS" and related marks are trademarks of SIRIUS Satellite Radio Inc.
    XM Radio and its associated Trademarks are property of XM Satellite Radio
    Toyota, Prius, and the associated Trademarks and styling are property of Toyota Motor Corporation

3. J.Wilkie

J.Wilkie 80 Mile Daily Commute

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I had mine installed here in Orange County by a local installer from Toyota of Orange. I have had no problems at all with the sound quality. The install is similar to above listed post. You use the touch screen. You can't see all the characters of the artists and songs but that's not a big deal. However, one person I referred to the same installer had the same product installed and that customer had problems. Maybe it's a lack of quality control on Sirius's manufacturing?

4. pshifrin

pshifrin New Member

I just picked up my '06 package 7 last week. I took the Sirius setup from my old car and temporarily put it in my Prius until the Toyota kit comes out this summer. I have a SC-FM1, which is meant to be used as an FM modulator hard wired into your FM antenna line. However, I'm not using it like this nor did I in my old car. The SC-FM1 is not a portable unit. It has a box, which is the receiver and a separate very small control unit. I stuffed the box into the arm rest (yes it's taking up all the space with the wires, etc) and have the RCA audio output direct into the AUX mini plug and the power from the 12v port. It sounds crystal clear just like my unit at home which is directly connected to my stereo (no FM transmitter).

I asked the parts dept about the factory integrated unit. He didn't know but said he would call their direct Toyota hotline to find out more. He called back with this information: They do NOT recommend using the solara unit, the XM is available now and the Sirius in July.

[​IMG]