1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius XM Expiry

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Sid786, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    That's the trouble with preview weekends, especially up here with (presumably) steeper angled line-of-sight to the satellites: every tree, building rock bluff, you have to sing along to fill in the blanks. Not the best selling feature.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  2. benagi

benagi Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The one time I would like it is when we are out camping in an area with no phone reception, so Pandora is out of the question. We are camped in the trees far from any city and I get great reception on channel 1 their ad channel.

3. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm in the middle of the country, and SXM cuts out under trees, days with some cloud cover, driving through WV hills, or perhaps even if a dog barks too close to the car. I might be kidding about dogs. When I was driving in far upper Maine, I could hardly catch their signal even when conditions were good. Must have been the fringe area of signal and/or angle.

If SXM was free, or almost free, then maybe I'd want to subscribe. Their tactics suck, though, and border on harassment. Pandora and similar services beat it hands down, though, for content since you program what you want and can offer as many channels as you can create for yourself. I've got Pandora everywhere: home computer, Ipad, Roku, On DirectTV. Now, if I could only properly connect to my Prime.... but I don't have a smartphone. Urp.

I thought I read somewhere that SXM are setting up to make a bid for Pandora.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  4. pilotgrrl

pilotgrrl Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Tell them to put your number on their do not call list. Every subsequent call can earn you up to $1100 per unauthorized call.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

5. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    They're blocked, but I still know they've called. DNC list is worthless. It just publishes your number.

bwilson4web likes this.
  7. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That DNC list is what gives you the legal right to complain and have then fined

8. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, and a waste of time. Tried with others and with no results.

9. MelonPrius

MelonPrius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I've always hated that there are very few trees in Las Vegas. I guess I finally found an advantage of the bare landscape....I get better satellite reception. Baby steps.

10. IAPrius

IAPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I travel a ton for work on the highway and XM is wonderful. I love the music stations (Highway, Poprocks) and the news stations.

It does not work well downtown Des Moines with the towers - so if I commuted only in town I probably wouldn't find it useful.

Though - NEVER pay the full $200 for a year. I have renewed it twice and gotten half off both times.

11. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    You're a lot further south too, satellite higher in the sky.

12. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I let SiriusXM expire and have so far dodged their calls. Like many others have expressed, I found their programming repetitive at best and at worse, I spent a lot of time searching for something to listen to.

I've always listened to a lot of audio books and podcasts. Unlike my '04, now I can Bluetooth stream them off my phone, which I love.

But when I want music, I switch over to WUSB. That's my inside joke, referring to my 8GB MicroUSB drive as a radio station. KUSB for those on the other side of the country. Anyway, I copied all the songs I like from my iTunes library onto the thumb drive. There's something like 3 days worth of music, entire collections of Queen, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, and the Doors. Deep cuts from popular artists and a few obscure musicians. I can use voice control to play any song I want but usually just open up the entire library on Shuffle. The best part, it only plays songs I like and if I'm not in the mood right now, the next song is only a steering wheel click away.

jtv, DavidA and Mark57 like this.
  13. Prodigyplace

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Both those stations actually exist.:D

WUSB (FM) - Wikipedia

KUSB - Wikipedia

TonyPSchaefer likes this.