1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sirius/XM/iPod Options for 2006 Pkg 8?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by parnest, Jul 23, 2006.

1. parnest

parnest Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just ordered a 2006 pkg 8 which will be delivered July 31/Aug. 1 -- so I'm still flying blind in planning audio upgrades. (The dealer really doesn't know much about this, which has been my experience with other cars and dealers in the past.)

I have been reading various posts about audio options, and I have a couple of questions:

1) Anybody have any advice on factory XM/Sirius vs. aftermarket. I found Factory Interactive (NJ) and Coastal (CA). Am I correct in reading that the Pioneer XM unit offered by Coastal is the same as the "factory" unit?

2) Can both Sirius and XM units be wired into the console display at the same time? (I have both plugged into a Kenwood unit in my current vehicle.)

3) Since my car will come with the factory Auxiliary jack for iPods, etc., do I need the Dice or VAIS adapters at all? Do they provide anything that's not there with the factory input.

Thanks for any feedback.

-- Paul A.

2. dbotello

dbotello Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul A @ Jul 23 2006, 09:30 AM) [snapback]290928[/snapback]</div>
    I have a factory interactive sirius installation. Since the static issue has been corrected, the only real outstanding issue is the 10 digit character limitation on the display. Since I am driving 99% of the time, it has not been a problem for me, but some individuals have been frustrated with it. It is also not the cheapest solution on the market, but I was thoroughly impressed with their packaging, installation DVD, and product. Whenever I have had questions, John at factory interactive was superb in helping me out.

David

3. LurkAzusa

LurkAzusa Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The DICE and VAIS interfaces allow you to control playing playlists, albums and tracks from the steering wheel and MFD. Also the song title appears on the MFD. They also have an AUX port.

With the AUX in the 2006, you only have audio going thru the speakers. All control has to be done on the iPod. No view on the MFD.