1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SiriusXM - Lost connection to subscription -- Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mitchell1848, May 24, 2014.

1. mitchell1848

mitchell1848 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have a 2011 Prius III with Navigation and SiriusXM subscription. Everything with Sirius was working fine until a month ago. I am able to receive channel 000 and 001 and all of the free channels when SiriusXM is doing a promotion.
    I have tried countless resets. I have spent hours with SiriusXM technical staff. I have taken the car to my dealer. All with no luck.
    Is there a reset that can be applied to the radio unit that will restore it to factory settings? The dealer has not been able to do that.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Call Sirius and have them set a reset signal to the radio, or B renew your subscription, it sounds like it expired!

3. mitchell1848

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for your suggestions, but alas, the subscription is fine. Sirius folks have reset the account and I've sent countless reset signals to the car, using the their web page and using the tech support folks. The dealer folks have not been able to find anything wrong with the radio. I've asked them if they could perform a reset - I don't know this for sure, but my experience with computers tells me that memory can be corrupted. I haven't been able to locate anything to confirm that in my web searches, though. I thought that here, someone might have had a similar experience.

4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :confused:I've never heard of your situation on any forum. Is your vehicle still under warranty? If so, put the responsibility on the dealer to FIX it. If not, I agree with KK6PD, have Sirius /XM cancel your current subscription and start new.

5. mitchell1848

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the information, Don. I haven't tried a complete cancellation - new account, login, password, etc. Everything but that... I'll give that a shot.