1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Site update suggestions for Danny

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by efusco, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Not the "Guest"...

:ph34r:

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry it's taken me awhile to get back into this thread. I was hoping to update the site yesterday but decided I wanted to try to do it all after-hours. So I'm going to try to sit down tonight after 10PM EST and work through the night to the get the site moved/updated.

As far as being able to view your posts, there are ways to do that, though they are not as apparent to the casual member. On the main page on "My Controls" you can view the threads you have most recently look at:

http://priuschat.com/my-controls.html

Also, while not the prettiest way to do it, you can view your posts or threads by clicking on your own username and clicking "Find member's posts" or "Find member's threads", like you'll see on my page:

http://priuschat.com/Danny-m2.html

Also, just so everyone knows - when I update the site I'm going to have it all be directing to www.priuschat.com so you'll probably have to redo your cookies on your browser. Of course, the move to the new server with the new ip address will probably effect your cookies anyway.

3. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks for the response Danny. There's a site that I frequent called DSL Reports and while I wouldn't expect you to copy the site, I just wanted to show you what I meant in my post.

The attachment shows a yellow flag of the posts that I have contributed to. If I haven't posted in awhile and need to find a post, say five pages back, I'd be able to find it much more quickly than looking through all of the posts I've done to date.

Also I edited my original post to request a revision to the breadcrumb feature as well.

4. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I like Dave's suggestion above better than mine.

5. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There is an indication of whether you've posted in a thread. It's a bit hard to spot, and maybe a suggestion would be to make it more obvious. But the icon of a blank page before the thread title has the lower right corner snipped off if you've posted in the thread. This feature was significant in my drifting away from PriusOnLine and to priusChat.

6. BellBoy

BellBoy Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow...didn't even see that in the legend for the icons...maybe the legend needs an update then. :)

7. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Regarding the dispute over Fred's and off-topic discussion, I'd like to repeat what I've said before: Fred's was created because in any more or less open forum other topics will come up, and Fred's was conceived originally as a way to segregate those off-topic discussions so that people who didn't want to participate could easily avoid them.

I gather that some folks prefer to use the "Recent Topics" list or analogous lists to read the board, and this jumbles all the forums together.

Perhaps what's needed is an easy way to distinguish what forum a thread is in, when using such lists, or a divided list that recognizes the special nature of Fred's, and places it apart from the car-related forums.

I like Fred's. But I think making it easier to avoid Fred's, for those do do not like the off-topic discussions, would be good.

Personally, I seldom use the "Recent Topic" type lists. I go to the forums I am interested in, usually the main forum, Freds, and my local state forum. Then I ignore thread titles that don't grab my interest, users who annoy me, etc.

8. daniel

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    With regard to two earlier posts:

Yes, bring back points. And restore our lost points. I had a bucketful of points and it was fun playing with them like Scrouge McDuck in his room full of gold coins.

I assumed member sponsorship disappeared because Danny was getting enough commercial sponsorship that he no longer needed our contributions. If that is not the case, bring them back and I'll contribute again. I think I was only a tin sponsor, or something, but, hey, if every one of those thousands and thousands of members we keep hearing about contributed a dollar a year Danny could retire from his day job and work full-time at maintaining this site. Okay, maybe $5 each per year.

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona

oic... ya... um... i havent been to the PriusChat homepage in a long long time. i link to the new posts page, have email links sent that take me directly to the thread and work from there. i dont even know what my PriusChat pw is any more.