1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sizeable discounts on Amazon Warehouse deals

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Georgina Rudkus, May 8, 2020.

1. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Got a brand new Aisin basically genuine Toyota Gen 3 thermostat and water inlet housing for about $25 instead of close to $40 in NEW main offering or $55 at the dealer.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: AISIN THT-017 Thermostat with Housing

Condition is brand new with damaged box. I've bought numerous items and only returned two. Returns were also with free shipping.

ttou68 likes this.
  2. pjksr02

pjksr02 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    It's also worth looking at McGeorge Toyota's site--they're in Richmond, Virginia--for parts. They are selling the inlet/thermostat for $37; the Amazon Warehouse is now above this, though prices there change. If you add a few oil/air filters, or other parts, to your McGeorge order, the savings on parts will more than cover the shipping costs.

3. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    You have to go to the buy USED & NEW link. That is less than the regular Amazon price.

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good advice.

I ALWAYS check to see if there is an open-box item and sometimes I get will get the item at a considerable discount.
    My last pistol holster (DeSantis leather IWB unit) was less than half the OEM price and was indistinguishable from new.

One of the reasons Best Buy is hanging on by a fingernail (at least for now) is that they are one of the 3-4 places that will always check for on-line purchases.
    They have a similar option...with similar results.

Georgina Rudkus likes this.
  5. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Amayama, for me on West Coast Canada, the OEM part is $34.27 plus $28.53 shipping, in Canadian funds. That translates to roughly $44.50 USD (cost plus shipping). Links to overall and detail page respectively:

Buy genuine radiator & water outlet for Toyota Prius 3 generation 01.2009 - 11.2011 from Japan - Amayama
    Genuine Toyota 16031-37010 (1603137010) WATER INLET SUB-ASSY, W/THERMOSTAT - Amayama

The shipping price from UAE is a little steep, but I've found if you throw a few more things in, it doesn't budge much. Also, at least for small orders I've done so far, no sales tax or duty charges.