1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SKS Key Keyless SKS RFID

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by ecobuny2, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ecobuny2

ecobuny2 New Member

I happen to have a lot of RFID cards (work building, work garage, and condo entry). I'm wondering if my 06' Prius #8 can be programmed to accept other RFIDs?

2. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Don't have the detailed technical answer, but I'm certain it begins with the word "no."

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not sure if it's possible or not... but i can tell you that it would be rather expensive if it was... Look at any of the threads involving lost keys and getting replacements and the cost of the programming that's involved

4. DougSlug

DougSlug Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eco Bunny 2 @ Jul 27 2006, 07:18 PM) [snapback]293490[/snapback]</div>
    Only if you have a means to change the firmware in those other devices to implement the rolling code encryption with the appropriate code key AND the other RFID devices transmit and receive on the exact same frequencies (or you can modify the transceiver electronics accordingly).

The other approach would be to replace the certification ECU in the Prius with some other box that could recognize your other RFID devices and tie into the other ECUs in the proper way.

Possible in theory, essentially impossible in practice.

- Doug