1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SKS stopped functioning upon programming new FOB

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rick Gross, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Rick Gross

Rick Gross New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I have a 2005 Prius. I purchased a new FOB and programmed it to my Prius and it works to start the car if placed in the slot, as well as to unlock the doors. The issue is that all of the SKS proximity features stopped working with both FOBs. To be clear all of the features worked with the original FOB until the second FOB was programmed. I used the Chicken dance to program it, the only issue is the SKS proximity is not working on either FOB. I checked the switch and it I get the same result in Both positions. Any ideas, or how to correct the issue?

Thank you.

2. cthindi

cthindi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Please make sure Push button under the dash to disable SKS is not accidentally pressed. Also that battery in original FOB is good.

Skibob likes this.
  3. Rick Gross

Rick Gross New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I checked the button, and everything worked with the original FOB until the second FOB was Programed. Both FOBs will unlock the doors remotely and start the car when placed in the slot. The only thing that stopped was the proximity features. I will try a new battery, but it does not look like a promising cause.

4. Rick Gross

Rick Gross New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Not sure if it was a missed step, incorrectly executed step, or just a fluke during the chicken dance, I fixed it Ising Tech Stream. I was able to program both FOBs to 100% functionality.