1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sleeping in your Prius...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Mystery Squid, Jun 17, 2005.

?
  1. No

28.6%
  2. Yes

57.1%
  3. I have had relations in my Prius!!

14.3%
  1. RobertG

RobertG New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Does nodding off at a long red light red count?

2. Essayons

Essayons Essayons

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius

3. Spin359

Spin359 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Is anyone living out of the prius? i am having problems at home and thinking of trying this

4. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Class Clown

Silicon Valley, CA --- Land of Fruits & Nuts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sleeping in your Prius while driving can be hazardous to your health (also applies to any other vehicles which you operate while sleep).

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep as my grandfather did, and not like the screaming passengers in his car....

Keith :unsure:

5. Cheap!

Cheap! New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spin359 @ Jun 7 2007, 02:29 PM) [snapback]457521[/snapback]</div>
    The only way you will work out your problem is to sit there and be miserable for a while. You won't be miserable for ever; things will get better if you stick with it. Moving out only gets you use to not dealing with your problems.

6. edselpdx

edselpdx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeepien @ Jun 17 2005, 03:15 PM) [snapback]99480[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: OMG, that's what I thought it said when I read the choices. Haha, I thought to myself. Better get some more coffee in my poor little brain or something.

7. Spin359

Spin359 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cheap! @ Jun 7 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]457613[/snapback]</div>
    Well its my parents, not my wife or girlfriend. I'm not running out on anyone here.

8. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    spin, how old are you? if you're old enough, move out. but make sure you're prepared to deal with living on your own. it's not easy and it's not cheap. the world is a harsh place, especially when you're first figuring it out.

i essentially left home at 17, but that was an extreme situation beyond just not getting along with the people i had to live with.

9. sje333

sje333 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've spent the night in the back of the Prius at the beach twice. I fold the back seats down and sleep with my feet just off the edge of the rear platform (I'm 6'3" and 160#). I use a $15 eggshell-style mattress pad, and a comforter over that. It's amazing how much stuff can be packed away into the various cubby-holes in the prius. At some point I want to try sleeping with the front seats folded back (they fold almost perfectly flat with the headrests removed). The skylight is great, especially in the rain!

10. bobdavisnpf

bobdavisnpf Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spin359 @ Jun 7 2007, 12:29 PM) [snapback]457521[/snapback]</div>
    I think you could live out of the Prius for about 3 weeks at a time if you can find somewhere to take showers like every day or two or three. If your work or school doesn't have a shower, try spending every third night in a campground, or at a friend's place.

Once you get the routine down, it doesn't take more time than you can allocate, to take care of all the stuff we usually do at home. Once there's no tv and less pc, there's plenty of time for the rest of life.

And taking 3 weeks away every month or so can do wonders for providing everyone the space they need to re-orient.