1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slightly Underappreciated Prime?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 29, 2017.

1. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    After market?

We knew from the start it was a mid-cycle rollout, so no upgrade from Toyota until the next-gen.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    right, but of course, prime will get one. at least i won't have to wait 6 years.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The Prime has a one-way clutch that allows both motors to run as one. This clutch is way beyond battery technology because it means more battery power can be used.

Personally I want to see the one-way clutch across the board for all Toyota hybrids with improved control laws. It means hybrid mode, engine off, at higher speeds.

Bob Wilson

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I wouldn't call it a sad state of affairs. As consumers, we're always look at ways to improve a product we purchase or potentially purchase. I'm pretty sure we had threads on what we wanted on the Gen 4 soon after the Gen 3 was launched. Recall that work on the next generation of a vehicle is usually started within 2 years of the launch of the model. (Early ground work can be done within the first year after launch).

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, but my point is, these are old ideas the toyota should have incorporated in the first go round.
    that's not the same as 'what i would like to see in the next gen' type of thread. this is a case of reverse osmosis. they made things disappear.

Trollbait likes this.