1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slip Indicator Light Flash and Beep

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JimmyP, May 4, 2007.

1. JimmyP

JimmyP New Member

Just got my car out of the body shop from a Front Left Impact. The drivetrain was fault free before the body shop got the car. Now my Slip Indicator light is flashing and beeping relentlessy above 40 MPH on dry pavement when the vehicle is cold. It will stop blinking and beeping as I come to a stop or when the car is completely warmed up. The beeping is driving me mad and I can feel the car transmission dis-engaging power to the wheels when the slip indicator light is flashing.

The Toyota Dealership appears to be stumped so far after 1 day diagnostics. Car is still under full warranty. Anyone got any ideas I can pass along to my dealership mechanic? :unsure:

-Jim

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Couple obvious possible culprits...
    1 one of the yaw sensors is broken
    2 one of the wheel speed sensors is broken
    3 the computer for the VSC is broken

3. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Or maybe, since the alignment has probably changed, the VSC sensors need to be reset.

4. bobc

bobc New Member

I haven't taken the time to look indepth at the system but what about the ABS sensor tied to the LF wheel?

I'm sure that they looked at this but how about testing the wire leading from the sensor back to the Skid Control ECU for a short. Maybe the wire took a hit in the collision, too. These wires are shielded to insulate them against outside energy fields.

But, from your symptom description, it would seem like it's a sensor thing and not the wire...

Let us know what the findings are...

Cheers,

5. Rich E

Rich E New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimmyP @ May 4 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]435799[/snapback]</div>

6. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JimmyP @ May 4 2007, 08:43 PM) [snapback]435799[/snapback]</div>
    Jim, when it starts to cost money I believe you will find that the dealer (or Toyota) will claim that whatever is wrong is due to the collision and should be covered by your insurance, not the warranty. Did the dealer do the repair work? IMO call your insurance company and report the hidden damage.

7. JimmyP

JimmyP New Member

Thanks for the great feedback ideas.
    Problem was resolved with a 3 point recalibration of the Yaw sensor by Toyota.
    ;)