1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

slippery conditions

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by JackDodge, Jan 7, 2006.

1. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I headed over to the recycling dropoff this morning to recycle a lot of cardboard rather than to let it end up in a landfill. Some snow had fallen over the night and some of it must have been rain too because it was slippery as a son of a gun. There were accidents all over the road and people were driving terrified and very slow. My Prius, with TripleTreds, handled beautifully and since the car won't let me overspin the tires, I took off from the recycling dropoff very smoothly and hung the corners with ease. I drove towards the road where all of the accidents were and some moron in a huge red full-sized and brand spanking new pickup truck pulled out in front of me. What an idiot. One of those guys who thinks that 4X4 means that some magical friction will somehow sprout from his wheel wells. It didn't. He spun almost out of control. His new ride's rear end went flying wildly over to the right and then he tried to correct and hit the gas and the rear end went flying over to the left. Totally unaplogetic and acted as if nothing happened even though he came yay close to flipping over in to a ditch. If my Prius didn't handle as well as it did, I would have hit him (I was in control the entire time). Well, at least one of the American auto companies got two UAW jobs back, eh? :lol:

2. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I assume you're running 195/60/15. I am considering these tires when my current Nokians wear out. Is there any speedometer error due to the change in size? I think it is very insignificant. TIA :D

3. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    The size or diameter isn't different. The tire is roughly a quarter inch wider than the tire that comes with the Prius but that's the only difference in size.

4. wilco

wilco New Member

You don't like the Nokians?