1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slips and tire chirps accelerating on right turns

Discussion in 'Toyota Prius Service Bulletins - TSBs' started by Billdig, May 13, 2010.

1. Billdig

Billdig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My 2004 just started something I can't figure out. From a stop, making a right turn, accelerating normally, it hesitates/slips? and sometimes the tire chirps. And of course, it does not happen every time, road conditions vary, no clear connection to anything else. And the "Maintenance Required" light just came on, but the slipping has been happening for a month or more. Only 32,000 miles, got a steal from my father-in-law, but I've only had it 3 months.

Thanks in advance, I've already found other answers on this forum that have helped a bunch.

Billdig :confused:

2. vertex

vertex Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    The maintenance lilght just means that you may need to change the oil.
    Do you have the OEM tires? You probably need new tires, the OEM ones don't have good traction, and can cause this problem as they wear out.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    geez, try taking it a little easier.
    _H*

4. Billdig

Billdig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Actually, I'm in Colorado and have not changed out the winter tires. Should have by now, but it did snow just last week. I'll wait until I change back the the all season radials before assessing if there's a problem.