1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slow Acceleration?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Kawiski, Mar 16, 2012.

1. mark5211

mark5211 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I know this is an old thread but my experience with the Prius C during a dealership test drive is that it is noticeably slower than my gen 2 Prius with 128k in same conditions. It may have the same 1.5 liter gas motor as the gen 2 but I highly doubt it has the same electrics. My suggestion to anyone concerned about the acceleration of this car is to take an extended test drive and also consider the regular Prius which felt adequate to me (though not as easy on the eyes....).

2. I second the ICE-only vs. Hybrid comments. Just looking at acceleration for a Prius c it takes a little over 10 seconds to go 0-60.
    There are faster cars. Many people think that a Lexus accelerates really quick. But look at the acceleration for a NX 300h (Hybrid), takes 8.5 seconds. A CT 200 hybrid takes over 10 seconds. So, not that fast either.

3. KCRed

KCRed Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I know this is a super old thread but I wanted to brag that I once got my 93 Metro to 70mph! Sure, I was going down hill... BEST car I ever owned! I bought it for $500 and drove it for 5 years and got awesome mileage. Until some asshat rear ended me it it wasn't economical to repair.