1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Slow leak in Transaxel seam

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bluesman78, Mar 28, 2021.

1. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Oh heck yeah Ed the seat in my 40 series camry hybrid is horrible, like sitting on a timber crate! prius gen2 is very comfortable to sit in but lowest position is still a little high for me, gen3 prius is a little firm on the backside! but at least can pump it down low and has adjustable lumber support

Only thing I like more about the camry it goes quite well after driving prius
    Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

edthefox5 likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Might be first time I read of someone saying a Gen2 seat is very comfortable.

ozmatt likes this.
  3. ozmatt

ozmatt Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    We're off topic here, but.. Yeah I read people hating the gen2 seats, they are great for me and i really struggle to get comfortable in cars, i can sit in gen2 all day they seem to have heaps of cushion in the bottom .. just can't pump them down as low as you can in the newer cars. Wonder if left and right hand drive cars have the same seats

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

PriusCamper likes this.
  4. Fivel

Fivel Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I've had this same issue on my 2007 prius, with 100,000 miles on it. I drained and replaced the fluid about 6 months ago, 1) because it had never been replaced and 2) to see how much was still in there. I'd say ~3.9 quarts came out. About that much went in as well, at which point it started overflowing.

I just checked the level about a week ago (again, after about six months since the change, the same few drops leaking every night that you describe). I could feel it but wasn't quite sure it was "full," so I tried topping it off. Poured about 3 ounces in, most of which spilled over. So at this point, I'm also no longer concerned, I'll check it every six months or so but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. Given how old the car is, if it lasts me another couple years with no major repairs, it's worth it.