1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sluggish/Lurching Acceleration

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Logan Jensen, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Logan Jensen

Logan Jensen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I've owned my 2005 Prius for over a year now no issues. Today, however the car seems to struggle moving between gears. It feels like a new driver in a manual. The battery was also consistently on the last couple bars today as I was driving around. It has also been 100+ degrees lately. Is this something I need to worry about, or is my AC just on overdrive and the battery is struggling to keep up? Car is only at 120k miles.

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If the battery is at it's last bar, you are having some issues with the battery. That's why you have no power, the battery is not assisting in providing power.

3. dabard051

dabard051 Tinkerer-in-Charge

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    OP says it's a 2005 Prius; move to Gen II forum?

Suggestion: try a drive in the very early morning when temps are lower, and see if the problem reoccurs. Heat MAY be an issue with battery performance; might also be a fuel issue. Any fault codes present/displayed?

In any case, good luck in the debug process.

bisco likes this.
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there is battery protection if it gets too hot, you lose power