1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Small chips on windshield

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by roastporkbanhmi, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. roastporkbanhmi

roastporkbanhmi Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Hi All, I Recently bought a CPO Toyota Prius, it's still under the comprehensive warranty and the dealer's 1 month full warranty. I noticed that the windshield has these micro pits (>20 of them, size of period on your keyboard) that were probably caused by small rocks/dust. They can only really be seen in direct sunlight at the right angle.

What are my options? Should I try to get the dealer to replace my entire windshield? Go through my insurance? Go to local auto glass shop and have them buff it out?

Thanks

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    leave it until it gets bigger than a quarter then replace windshield for 200

3. roastporkbanhmi

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Ok, I kind of wanted to get it fixed while it's still under dealer warranty but it's probably just normal wear that they won't fix for free.

4. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What have you got to lose?
    If getting to the dealership isn't a problem?
    I might gamble on some "good will" and bring in the vehicle and very politely point out your disappointment at discovering the condition of your windshield.

If I was placing a bet? I'd think that it's NOT covered and they won't replace it. BUT....
    They might want to keep a new customer happy, and might be willing to do it.

I wouldn't be upset or get upset if they said no...but I would figure I have nothing to lose in asking.

My second move, would be to go to a reputable windshield glass shop and see what might be done as far as repair.
    At the very least you could get estimates for either repair, or eventual replacement.

Okinawa likes this.
  5. BZzap!

BZzap! Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In short, it doesn't hurt to ask.

6. roastporkbanhmi

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    At the dealership now, in short, they said no. Haha, I'll look into getting one of those kits for resin or contacting an auto glass place near me. Any recommendations?

7. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think you're worrying about something that isn't a problem. I know you've just got a new car, but put your energy into something else, like a clay bar and wax job.

8. roastporkbanhmi

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Haha that's true. Thanks for keeping me grounded