1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Small design changes in Japan around September

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Speedracer, Aug 25, 2011.

1. civicdriver06

civicdriver06 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Since the US is one of the main markets for Pris i don´t think they will do anything to further annoy american buyers .
    In fact i thought they would give you the HUD this time !
    We will just have to wait and see .
    The full production model of the Plug-in is beeing presented in Germany in September and we will probably know more by then !

2. PaJa

PaJa Senior member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't agree. I have the tacho and HSI HUD mode + current consumtion history on instrumentation panel. This combination is impossible w/o HUD presence. My only minus point against the HUD is visibility in direct sun. I think this is areason why the HUD is not offered in US with the major California distribution because lot of sunshine there. And price of course. US cars are much more cheaper the in on other markets. You could not have all together. :)

3. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    All for interior improvements... especially getting some soft touch materials to replace the sea of hard plastic we are surrounded by. I am a fan of the new interior in the 2010+, but the plastic is too easily scratched.

HUD is an option that should be independent. Some of us would like it and some would turn it off. Decontenting equipment has been ongoing, especially with the weak dollar. I didn't realize the US dollar had fallen that much against the Yen. We should consider ourselves lucky that Prii arrive at the dealerships already put together and painted!