1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Small Sub for 2010 Prius IV with JBL and Nav?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TomasV, Feb 18, 2016.

1. TomasV

TomasV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hello, I've been thinking of upgrading my sound quality a little bit. I was thinking of addin g a small (slim) sub woofer either underneath the driver's seat, or in the storage compartment above the spare tire. Don't really need a big sub that would take any of my trunk space, and also I have no intentions of waking up the whole neighborhood with massive bass. So as usual, I have a couple of questions :)
    In the Gen 2 Prius the navigation DVD was underneath the driver's seat, so there was no room to install a small sub there. Since the map DVD is in the head unit now, I would assume there's no DVD Rom under the driver's seat in the Gen3. But I looked and there is something else underneath there. I didn't investigate much, but what is that? Is it possible to plug a sub like one of those

into the stock JBL system?

2. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My amp and satellite radio unit are under the driver seat of my 2010 III with JBL and Nav.

3. TomasV

TomasV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Hmm. I thought the amp was under the passenger seat.

4. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
  5. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    Also, you noted small sub and I assume it's because you don't want it overwhelming. This will blend it fine and still won't wake the neighbors.

6. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Rebound likes this.