1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart key caused me a problem today

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by tydaco, May 18, 2007.

1. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ May 18 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]445280[/snapback]</div>
    <_< I'm not sure that I'm the one that deserves to be called a smart nice person, but fine. And, yes, you're absolutely right; the post you reference does talk about a couple ways to lock a SKS fob in the car. It's amazing what we can do with our keys when we're not paying attention :)

2. Mary Snyder

Mary Snyder New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mywhitenoise @ May 18 2007, 05:42 PM) [snapback]445242[/snapback]</div>

Hello Mywhitenoise, Can you press the black button on the outside of the handle to open the door also? ( you said you could close it this way). Thanks.

Mary

3. Screaming Red

Screaming Red Two Pri Wannabe

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queenie @ May 18 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]445099[/snapback]</div>
    :D :D :D Ha Ha!

4. walt

walt New Member

Bel Air, MD, USA -=- Blair, Merlin, Merka
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Masnyd @ May 19 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]445913[/snapback]</div>
    Nope. It is a "lock only" button.

5. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

I keep losing my keys inside my Prius and it takes me forever to get organized to get out. What happens is that I toss them on the passenger seat and they slide off around a corner. They might be under the seat, between the seats, in the back seat. Wherever they are, it's a small place that's hard to find and hard to put your hand in.

I don't put it in the center console because that's where I put my phone and the manual said not to put the two together or it will run the smartkey's battery down.

I think it is so very cool not to have to stick the smartkey in anything in the car to get it to start that I refuse to put it in that slot. That would be so -- unspaceshiplike.