1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart Key Door Lock

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Timothy Mieyal, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Timothy Mieyal

Timothy Mieyal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello! Quick issue, hope someone can help me out. I already looked through my manual but it didn't help. I had a 2015 Prius C Two with the smart key system and after a minute it would automatically lock all of my doors if I forgot. I've had a 2018 Prius C Two for the past few months and believe it was doing the same thing. However, now I notice that it does not lock the doors after one minute, they stay unlocked until I lock them with my smart key or inside the car. Did I accidentally change this function on my key of automatically relocking after one minute? I would like to get this function back in case I forgot to lock my doors one day. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    You NEED to read your manual.

I'm on my second C now and I don't think that such an option exists, at least not exactly as you describe it based on time only.

IF.....it is locked and you UNlock it with the FOB and do not open a door within a minute, it will RE-lock itself.
    Otherwise all the lock options are triggered by some other event: Putting it in gear, going over 20 MPH, etc. and those options can be changed.

edspecR and ztanos like this.
  3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    ^ This... just in a nicer way. :D

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome to PriusChat!

The section in the manual on customizing starts at page 562. There are various options for smart key & door locks.
    I quickly do not see the feature you desire but perhaps you can find a better setting to fit your needs.

5. davidc83

davidc83 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2015 Prius 2 and do not have that function. It does not lock itself after I exit the vehicle. I bought it new and it never has had that function. If I unlock it by the key fob and don't open a door, it does relock.

Z917VL ?