1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smart Key Door Unlock Setting

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Pv5, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Pv5

Pv5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just reset the unlocking function of the Smart Key for a 2013 Prius v Five. I wanted all doors to unlock when I gripped driver's door. Simple procedure: using Smart Key fob, while in range of car, press lock and unlock simultaneously and hold until audible beep from car is heard. Done! Mine cycled to all doors unlocked at that time (the default setting from new is only driver's door unlocks). To reset to default, repeat the same process. This simple procedure is not in my owners manual. I discovered it after some time searching Google.

tvpierce and AandMev like this.
  2. beachgeek

beachgeek Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Interesting. I've been wondering why all the doors don't unlock. I suspect there is a safety factor involved, bad guys trying to enter the car type things.

3. Pv5

Pv5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I agree re: the safety factor however interestingly, if I first unlocked the car with the passenger's door (using the smart key) all doors unlocked. The reset does not affect the passenger door.

The reset to default driver's door only is a simple repeat of the above process.

4. beachgeek

beachgeek Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I found something in the manual which indicates what grasping the handle does. On mine you can only unlock from the driver's side but apparently, on some, you can unlock from the passenger side. And on some you can do the same from the tailgate.

5. wafwat

wafwat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Ours unlocks from "grabbing" the drivers handle (driver door only unlocks), "grabbing" the passenger handle (all doors unlock) or the tailgate (all doors unlock). Not sure if that's the default setting or the previous owner/dealer set it up that way.

V