1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smashed driver side quarter panel...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Michael Richman, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Michael Richman

Michael Richman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everybody!

08 Prius here. (47.5 MPG but I drive like a granny). A day or so back, I was parked in a garage and some jerk smashed into my car and drove away before I came back to my car and saw the damage. (no cameras either).

Normally, I'd just let the dent go, but the quarter panel has bent in such a way that the door can't slip past it. I know the front panels are just bolt on parts, so I was wondering if anybody had a schematic for taking off the panel so I can attempt to smack the steel back or at least out of the way of the door.

All the best,
    Mike

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    are we talking about the fender in the front of the car?

3. SageBrush

SageBrush Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I was that dumbass, only I did it to my own car LOL (sideswiped a pole)
    Same problem I imagine, only I could not open the door more than an inch or two before it caught on the front panel.
    A hammer worked great -- not to pound, but I used the prongs as a lever to bend enough of the panel back.

4. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here is the story from my experience (although on a Gen III instead of Gen II) I had the same rubbing on the door but just grabbed the top of the wheel arch and tugged till it stopped rubbing along the door.
    Bodyshop "Price is Right" | PriusChat

Just about a thousand dollars in repairs and it required removing the trim along the bottom of the doors & bumper IIRC to get the fender removed / replaced.