1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smoke and Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by malorn, Oct 28, 2005.

1. LaughingMan

LaughingMan Active Member

It's not that we have an allegiance for Toyota... it's that you brought misinformation here, and we refuse to let that stand.

2. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    toyota is currently invovled in the NASCAR truck series and will soon be involved in the NASCAR car series. I don't think they will be racing hybrids anytime soon though!

My original thread starter, was that I think Toyota is using their "green identity" to camoflage their head-first dive into the truck market. I don't think Toyota should be able to have their cake and eat it too. I have quoted senior Toyota management going on about how EVERY decison is made with the ecological impact at the forefront. I am wondering how that fits in as they begin to push hard their 15/18mpg V8 trucks?
    Over the last few days we have visited many related topics and a few that didn't seem to be as related. It hasn't been boring! I am not just a troll, I do have a vested interest in this topic and find your passion for Toyota amazing!

3. LaughingMan

I don't think it would be presumptuous of me if i said i speak for everyone here that no one agrees with you that Toyota is pushing trucks as hard or harder than hybrids.

Toyota is not some charity or a saint. As has been said at least a dozen times by pretty much everyone except for you, TOYOTA IS A BUSINESS. They are out to make money, and it's not realistic for them to DROP their truck business. At least not overnight.

I keep saying it. Toyota does trucks to be diverse. Simple. end of story.

4. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    You are right, but the day that plant opens it will change!

5. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

get your flags ready, there will be a major waving for you to do that day

6. LaughingMan

No. SIGH...

You're a broken record.

Hybrids is an overarching strategy that goes BEYOND the opening of one plant. It's not a smokescreen, it's STRATEGY to hybridize all cars. Get that through your thick skull.

NOTHING CHANGES OVERNIGHT. GET IT? A PLANT OPENING, A PLANT CLOSING, CHANGES NOTHING...

WHY DON'T YOU GO ON A HUNGER STRIKE IN FRONT OF THAT PLANT IF IT MEANS SO MUCH AND IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE END OF AMERICA AND NOT...

7. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    What "passion" for Toyota are you referring to? To me it's just one more giant company that should be carefully watched. Like all big companies, as they usually do NOT have our best interest at heart.

You've already admitted that GM had some serious corporate bungling and that Toyota made "no serious strategic errors." So it's somehow BAD that Toyota was smart enough to figure out the car market?

This thread keeps getting better and better. Co-workers at the office are insisting I print out daily updates to pin on the corkboard by the water cooler. Even my manager, who normally frowns on personal Internet use during company time, has started following this thread.

In a way you're very "special" to have caught the attention of Chemical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, and Mechanical Engineers, all PE certified. "Special" in a different sense of course, a couple have begun to wonder if the Republic is doomed.

Us professional folks - who have to work for a living in highly responsible and stressful occupations - tend to place blame for the present social and economic ills squarely on the folks who caused it:

Us.

Not a foreign country, not a foreign company, but the person who stares back in the mirror. So if that bothers you, well tough, maybe better learn to deal with it. It's very convenient - and also a too easy way out - to take pot shots at them thar foreign peoples.

8. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Why do you keep saying that?......Like it has been said before...we buy the car because it was a hybrid, not because it is a Toyota.

What we have a passion for is fuel efficiency, quality, and the distaste for misinformation. That is why most of us have something to say about your rhetoric. Throughout this thread, you have turned information around, misquoted, changed the subject, and manipulated words...

the "passion for Toyota" statement is another fine example.

You actually remind me of a used car salesman...probably at the Chevy lot in the "preowned" section.....thin little greasy mustache. Oh, another character you could be is the loser in "True Lies" that tries to seduce Arnie's wife, Jamie Lee Curtis...he was a used car salesman too...

9. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Something you may have not thought about Malorn: How is Toyota going to convince the average truck buyer to get a hybrid Toyota truck if they think Toyota trucks are useless? Plus, how is one truck plant negate the 200K+ hybrids they are going to be producing in 2006?

10. LaughingMan

Agree on all points.

We are pissed because you continuously spin your own opinion as fact, and continue to pull out misinformation out of your butt.

11. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

you got him depressed again

12. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    So I am someone who does not work for a living?
    I do agree, we as Americans are to blame for the current economic mess that collectively we are in. And show me where I have taken even one potshot at a foreign people.

13. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

I'm not sure about the potshots at foreign people, though we can all read between the lines.

But we all know that you've taken full aim at the intelligence of everyone at Priuschat. We've not tried to sell you anything, just pointed out your misinformation. All you've tried to do is sell us a GM product.

Go away little man.

Moderator - let's go home.

14. LaughingMan

Why must you take ever single comment from people as an insult to your honor, that somehow he was saying that you're not a professional. His entire point was that he got a room of professional engineers to agree with him about this subject, which is rare.

You made an insinuation about WWII and Toyota's involvement. That was a low blow.

And you continue to talk about Toyota as if the company lies to the american people. You talk about Toyota as if it is the problem.

15. malorn

malorn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

16. LaughingMan

Walmart, I understand. But I have never seen a single Toyota Ad claiming to be an American company...

I see plenty of Hybrid Synergy Drive commercials claiming better emissions, which is true.

I also see plenty of stupid Toyota commercials about how Toyota truck drivers are hip and ride mountain bikes... and other stupid commercials about how tough their trucks are.

Perhaps television is different where you are.

17. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

:rolleyes: You folks must really like Malorn a lot for you to dance on the ends of his strings for two solid days!

18. LaughingMan

Whatever. At least the PC people are getting some good points in.

19. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

<_< Do you honestly think he cares about PC folks' points.
    He's just here to tweak folks as much as he can.
    His success at hijacking this site has been pretty disappointing. :(

20. LaughingMan

You continue to insinuate that people who don't think like you and don't buy domestic cars like you are :

a. unpatriotic
    b. short sighted

You may not be taking potshots at Toyota, but you are belittling a lot of people here, and the American carbuyer. Just because we don't buy an American car doesn't mean we don't support this country.