1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smoke and Mirrors

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by malorn, Oct 28, 2005.

1. rufaro

rufaro WeePoo, Gen II

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Smoke and mirrors indeed. Too bad all of the smoke belongs to GM--and its mindless boosters, in this case.

2. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rufaro @ Aug 21 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]307096[/snapback]</div>

Yes, and the ethanol cost the same "if not more" for less energy.

I've preached over and over..... its a romantic idea that cannot pan out unless the gouging is controlled.

By selling a "romantic Idea" of saving the economy, it makes thier product more appealing and so the price ends up being the same if not more than regular gas. All the whiles they are saving the economy with your purchase, they are also selling to the "good ol boy" a nice gas guzzler.

Some people by the prius for the exact same reason... "the idea" of what it does.

I bought it because its a damn good, well built car that rides well, with plenty of room and comfortable and gets awesome gas mileage and looks nice.

Thats why I paid 30K...... not because I"m saving anything.

The same company that made the prius is making gas guzzlers too.... but making them better of course, but nevertheless... not a prius and not a gas mizer.

Don't be mistaken to think your little part to buy a prius or buy ethanol will save the world, if your going to buy, do it because its a good product thats worth the money.......
    Don't be suckered into buying an idea.

Not some pie in the sky idea of "saving the world".

Saving the world will only happen when we can attain renewable resources like the sun, wind and water that they cannot tax, package, carry, process or alter.

thats why they are not pushing the true alternative fuels... there is no renewable profit in it for them!

They want you to keep coming back,... NOT grow independent from them!!!!!!

Once we do get there and "save the world"... some idiot will bomb Israel before that anyway with a nuke and Armeggedon will be started.....

3. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Wow, this thread sure got dug out from the depths. I was shocked to see it when I entered into the Main Forum this morning. Is malorn even around still? Did he ever get that Toyota dealership? I feel like it's been months since we last heard from him...

4. windstrings

windstrings Certified Prius Breeder

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ Aug 22 2006, 09:55 AM) [snapback]307595[/snapback]</div>

Malorn is a double agent! :lol:

One the one hand, he is an agent on the side of GM, on the other, he is an agent for himself, as he is too confused to make up his mind, so he tries to convince others to sway toward GM to counter his own concious?

Some call that doubleminded... I'll be nice and call it, confused. :)

His mind sees the benifit of what all we see, but he has alot of history and alot invested in the other side to give it up easily.

I know some who don't know him will instantly call me judgemental and they may be right.... but am I right or am I wrong?....Malorn may not even be able to answer that question!