1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

smokin' in the prius

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by wbuttler, Aug 19, 2007.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    well, DH smoked for a while. he quit multiple times, (before our wedding too, Rae, but damned if the jitters didn't send him back to it!) and finally for the long term back in march with the assistance of chantix. hasn't looked back since.

anyway, he is sensitive to the smell of smoke now, as am i after living with it- though he never once smoked in the house when we lived together. me, i think it just smells stale and gross. i'm sensitive to a number of things in the air, and smoke makes me cough. (don't ask about what happens when DH cleans the oven with that oven cleaner stuff!) he has varied reactions- it could make him nauseous, it could just be really unpleasantly stinky, or it could smell good depending on the day, the hour, the moment. hell, i used to think it smelled ok when i worked with a bunch of smokers.

individual variance is very high in these types of things and changes a lot.

2. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    taxes on Snokers pay for healthcarefor children in most states, especially in CA. If all the smokers quit and the states lost rhat tax revenue who do youcthinj would be raxed to pay for the ever expanding children's healthcare? So the next time you see a smoker thank them foe smoking and keeping your taxes low and paying for children's healthcare!

3. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 21 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]499830[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, oh pot to kettle. ;) :lol: :lol:

PS. I dont smoke in the new hycam, if I have the urge I either pull over or wait till I get to where Im going, or we take my truck.... ;)

4. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 21 2007, 11:19 AM) [snapback]499830[/snapback]</div>
    I love God, but I do like to have the occasional smoke when I go camping. I do like to partake of the "other" tobacco regularly, though. Afterall, God did create all the green plants, didn't he? :)

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

When I first saw this thread, I thought of 1970's and the band BROWNSVILLE STATION: "Smokin in the Boys Room" now with presto's reply and the other green weed I really remember the 70's

:D

6. TJandGENESIS

TJandGENESIS Are We Having Fun Yet?

★Lewisville, part of the Metroplex, Dallas, in the
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Aug 22 2007, 06:40 AM) [snapback]500187[/snapback]</div>
    You are the big Christian; always knocking those who aren't so, I figured, that since most Christians don't smoke, for one reason or another, you might defend your actions, that's all.

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 22 2007, 04:17 PM) [snapback]500550[/snapback]</div>
    Its cool dude,

I drink & smoke.. Yes other church members may frown on my bad habits, but they will not approch me on it.... ;)

Nor would I fault someone for doing the same thing..

However I would fault someone sleeping around while they are married with other members of a church..

As for knocking someone who isnt a christian? Well to each their own,

8. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Presto @ Aug 22 2007, 03:36 PM) [snapback]500530[/snapback]</div>
    Oh, I don't care...just point out the hypocrisy of some 'Christians' . Not all are the same. Some Christians are Holier Then Thou when it comes to some things. Not saying anyone here is...at least right now.

9. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I suspect that most 'mainstream' Christians might consider her religion a cult, but my friend the Christian Scientist seems fine with deciding what's "medical care" (a physician) and what's not (a dentist)...she also thinks that infidelity is not okay, but sex out of wedlock is...

Might I ask, where does the "you're a Christian, so you shouldn't smoke/drink" sentiment come from in the first place?

I recall, growing up around Greek Orthodoxy, *lots* of people drank and smoked; even the Priest didn't seem to have a problem reconciling it.

That's more my style...Western Christianity is kind of uptight, sometimes.

10. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Aug 22 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]500599[/snapback]</div>
    What I remember growing up was to ' Treat your body as a Temple" well my buddah belly is treated well :D

11. TJandGENESIS

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Aug 22 2007, 05:39 PM) [snapback]500599[/snapback]</div>
    Not sure where it came from; growing up Catholic, my priest abused me, and smoked and drank...so many 'sins' were happening there.

I just know that I have heard more then one sermon on the evils of smoking, so when I see Christians riding along, with church bumper stickers, from one church in particular that I know is anti smoking, I have to laugh.

It's just part of them saying one thing out of one side of their mouth, and then blowing smoke out the other side.

As many know, I am for you to do what you wish, when you wish...but HyCam has in the past, been one of those who has spoken highly of how God frowns on this and that, and so when I heard that the person smokes, it made me laugh. That's all.

12. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TJandGENESIS @ Aug 22 2007, 10:23 PM) [snapback]500753[/snapback]</div>
    Im sorry to hear that you where abused by a priest, It takes a forgiving person to return to the fold of religion..

But again I see that your trying to drag me into another religious discussion wich would throw the topic off into left field again..... :rolleyes:

not interested. ;)