1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SMS/Text Alerts

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Codemonkey812, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Codemonkey812

Codemonkey812 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I purchased a 2013 Prius Persona a month ago. After spending some time on this forum to learn some features of the Entune system (and upgrading it to version 5). I found today that I can get alerts when I receive a text message (iPhone 7). I have turned on Show Notifications in the Bluetooth setting one my phone, and I now get a pop-up on my touchscreen, but I get no alert sound and pressing on the message does nothing. Is there a setting in the car I need to set to make a noise, and should I be able to see the message? If I go into phone I see the messages tab and can open the message there, but that is a lot of steps to do. My bigger issue is I need some form of sound that I get a text message, with my phone connected to the car via Bluetooth the phone does not make noise (unless I am listening to Bluetooth audio) and without sound I do not have a reason to look at the screen. The threads I have found on the forum make it look like I should have sound options, and read/reply abilities.