1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Smudge on the Digital Dash mirror!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by darelldd, Feb 28, 2006.

1. elmofongo

elmofongo Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

Who is your tech? Do you recommend him?

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I totally recommend him. Mike LeGrande at Hanlee's in Davis, CA. He's one of the only mechanics I've ever dealt with who talks to me on my level, listens to me, and believes what I say.... and he SOLVES problems.

3. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Update time.

Took the car in today to have the steering wheel straightened, some fasteners added to the belly pans that were missing, and to have the dash mirror replaced.

Had a great chat with my favorite tech, and he was very saddened to tell me that he had to reset my MPG average (still over 50!) to tear out the dash to get to the mirror. I got to see the mirror, and there was NO way of getting that smudge off. Nobody can tell what the problem was, but definitely a manufacturing defect. He says it is the second one he's replaced for the same reason.

The great news is that my mirror was a bit hazy all the way around as well. The new mirror makes the digital read-out SO much sharper now! I was toying with the idea of just living with it, but now I'm really glad I went through the trouble (of having somebody else tear apart my dash!). I didn't realize that the numbers were supposed to look that clear!

So, Except for the one big greasy foot print on my new floor mats and my MPG average now showing 28mpg for all of 4.8 miles, everything seems to have gone quite well.

4. Allannde

Allannde Just a Senior

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Hi Darell

That is good news. You are experiencing the good feeling which comes when you stop hitting your head against the wall.

Allan de

5. darelldd

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Ah! I like that feeling. I'll have to keep doing it.

My tech couldn't believe all the crap I've done to the car since he last saw me (on the day I bought it last month). Even told me that he liked the purple light in the cup holder. :)