1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Snappy comebacks to stupid Prius remarks

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by mmcdonal, May 25, 2012.

1. bingee3

bingee3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Yes IM stuck with this , until a solar Car comes along

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Who killed the Solar Car?
    [​IMG]

They had them when I was a kid. It's all a conspiracy :confused:

Robert Holt likes this.
  3. Robert Holt

Robert Holt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Gallon tins of Coleman fuel,can be used as gasoline in a pinch, and the last time I purchased one it was just over $4 a gallon, IIRC.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Robert Holt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Pigs, chickens, and dare I guess beehives all riding in the back of your Prius?
    I've heard of the Full Cupboard Of Life, but isn't that taking it to an extreme?

5. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I hope they don't have reason to brake quickly :)

6. ForestBeekeeper

ForestBeekeeper Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    My wife is a smoker, her car stinks. We will never be able to get much trade-in value out of her car. She refuses to not smoke in it. When we bought it, I had hoped for a 3-year trade-in. But she loves it, so she wants to hold this Prius until the wheels fall off.

The first year we had the Prius, our finances were not good enough to own a second commuter. My other vehicle was/is a large dump truck [6 - 7 mpg], I use it rarely. But when I need it, I do need it.

For a couple years, I got my errands accomplished after my wife came home, by using her Prius. Thus the occasional livestock, etc.

Now we are doing better, I have a Corolla. I would have preferred a second Prius, but we could not swing the payments.

These days, my wife uses her Prius for work and after-work hauling home the buckets from schools. On days that I need to leave the farm, I use the Corolla, to transport whatever.

When I say I have hauled 'pigs', I mean weaner piglets [5 to 10 pounds] inside pet carriers. I breed pigs and sell the piglets. Our adult pigs [800# boar and 350# sows] either breed, or else they are butchered here and their meat mostly stays on-site.

Yes, I have hauled around bees before. That is no big deal. :)

7. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Unless..., until...

:LOL:

8. GrumpyCabbie

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    But who's going to try and steel that car!

9. usnavystgc

usnavystgc Die Hard DIYer and Ebike enthusiast.

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Yeah, leave the key fob in it. No one will care. Lol. :)

10. Robert Holt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Actually, to make it absolutely clear, I ADMIRED your multi-faceted use of your Prius! You are an inspiration to us all! I know how big full grown pigs can get, and although they are generally good-natured in my experience, clearly you would not risk letting a full grown boar or sow getting upset in a space as small as the Prius. A relative was also a bee keeper, and they are also usually tractable, but when a pickup full of beehives overturned in a tunnel,on one of the major expressways in the Northeastern US, it certainly did shut down the whole tunnel for several hours!

ForestBeekeeper likes this.
  11. ForestBeekeeper

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Until, what? Exactly.

One time, I bought a nuc from this 90-yo bee-breeder. His nuc boxes are many years old and they collapse easily. Tons of nail holes and very lose fitting. I got a couple nucs into my car, and I noticed that they were wrapped in duct tape. On my way home, I had to stop for gas, then I noticed that the duct tape had released and two sides of one nuc box had fell apart. As I pumped gas, bees lined the inside of my car windows. That got some attention from other customers. :)

Not a big deal, obviously. But it was kind of cool.

The queen was safely inside her little matchbox, when I got them home, I retrieved her and I was easily able to move then all into their new hive box.

:)

12. Robert Holt

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You don't walk around covered in bees to demonstrate their safety, do you?
    We have the Africanized Versions over here, and they can be far less civilized than the Italian honeybee--make excellent honey, though.
    "Nuc box" is a new term for me. Hive transportation container?

13. ForestBeekeeper

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    It is a small box used for transporting a new queen and small colony, usually limited to about 5,000 bees.

We occasionally get African-ized bees up here.

Large-scale beekeepers from Georgia and Texas bring 60,000 to 80,000 hives here every year, for our blueberry production. They a portion of them will be African-ized. If our local queens go out for a mating flight, and meet any African-ized drones; then the resulting new queens that hatch out will be African-ized. Statewide we see a few dozen of these every year.