1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sneak Peek of the New Prius - #3

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Oct 20, 2008.

1. furblog

furblog New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    I really like that device. I often bump things upon parking in a very narrow parking space.

2. neutronned

neutronned New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Date and time of Teaser posting: 10/20 @ 11:17A
    Date and time of answer: 10/20 @ 8:12P (thanks to Spwolf!)

Elapsed time to nail the question: less then 9 hours!!!

Toyota Team: how does that stand up to your estimate on how long it would take????

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I don't know about where you live, but the Prius 'early adopters' here are SENIOR CITIZENS and middle aged people (like myself). It is EXTREMELY rare to see anyone under the age of 40 driving a Prius. So the 'old people' aren't afraid of change.

Certainly those 'targeted at old people' Crown buyers would APPRECIATE having the guages at the dash/windshield line. Maybe you aren't there yet, but the ease of changing focus from distant to near diminishes with age. That is why people start needing bi or multi focal lenses starting in their mid 40's. And reaction time slows as well. Better to drop your eyes 15 degrees than 30 degrees plus setting your focus on the guages rather than the wheel. The higher location is safer. Old people LIKE safer :)

Toyota can make the Crown as fancy as they like but that doesn't mean the guages should be hidden behind the steering wheel just because "that is where they have always been".

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Crown buyers are basically Town Car and Grand Marquis buyers... Older than 40... way older. The Prius owners around here are middle-aged 30-50s. There are a good number of us younger folks.

5. Toyotatrio

Toyotatrio Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hate to ruin it for you, but who else thinks of Hannibal Lecter when hearing Hal?
    I have been looking at that black camo pic and think what you are seeing next to rear-view mirror is an oject actually on the other side of car(looking thru rear passenger window). just my take. gotta say i like reading everyones insight into the sneak peaks. can't wait for the next.
    new to forum, first post, love your site.
    thanks, chris

6. Gassipper

Gassipper Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think it might be an auto headlight sensor. Headlights ON/OFF automatically?

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    auto headlight sensors are a lot smaller. You see that dome on your dashboard? The other blank space next to it is for the auto headlights. It's the same size and has the same plastic dome cover.

8. EvilTree

EvilTree New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :mod: Its a sensor, that plays fake engine noise if anyone is within range;) so those people that complain they can`t hear the car coming now can ;)

9. Alender1953

Alender1953 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Not to kill any dreams, but the advanced pre collision system in the LS 600h is a two-camera infrared system that includes a radar system hidden behind the Lexus logo. The lane departure system is turned off for the US version. Therefore, I doubt that if the LS 600h doesn't have lane-departure, that the Prius will. Also, the cameras are mounted at the very top of the windshield to the point you can BARELY see them without putting your eyeball on the glass. If any car would get pre collision in any form, it would be the HS 250h.

It's probably a HUD system that can adjust for different driver's heights.

10. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Or as I've suggested before, the automatic high beam sensor (as found on the new Venza)