1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sneak Peek of the New Prius #9

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Dec 1, 2008.

1. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

yep... although i think prius is now comparable to new 1.8l Corolla, as world has moved on since 2003.

prius can be compared better to diesels due to torque - before, it was comparable to 110hp Avensis diesel in power and price but now that same avensis diesel comes with 150hp engine. So new Prius moves up the ladder to compete with vehicles in price class better.

2. nameless dude

nameless dude New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I'll be very happy if the new Prius will have even better performance than the new Mazda 6, but I don't think it will have that much. I'd be satisfied if it is comparable to the new Mazda 6. I hope the ECO mode will return an mpg comparable to one of those tiny, impractical diesels. If they can really achieve that with some performance comparable or possibly even better than that of the new Mazda 6 in POWER mode, let's see what Jeremy Clarkson can offer in his next excuse.
    :flame:

3. jprates

jprates https://ecomove.pt

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius PHV
    Model:
    N/A
    There is hardly any doubt of what you want/need if you floor the pedal.
    Take it from us here in Europe, the Prius knows what you want if you do so today already.

Practical and present example: If we engage EV mode (the first button on the left that everybody is forgetting about) we have a somewhat sluggish car because the ICE won't come on. We can press the pedal far more than we could before (non EV) and we have to wait for it to respond a tad latter.

But... if you floor it... the Prius will quit EV mode immediately, the ICE will kick in, and you'll be gone with the wind. There is absolutely no doubt you need all the juice, no matter what mode you're in, if you just floor the car.

No news, no need for special software routines, it's all there already, just reuse that piece of code for the 2 new modes. Simple.

4. Dozzer

Dozzer Prius Noob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    How about a "Stealth" mode... ;-)

5. spwolf

spwolf Senior Member

not really, there is always more delay at start - you will see what i mean when you press PWR mode.

6. ZC1

ZC1 Junior Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Eco Mode - Understandable, inhales gas fumes
    Power Mode - More understandable, Tesla acceleration!!

(I gots my fingers crossed)

ZC1

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    wow, completely missed this thread... sidetracked from holidays i guess... ya, thats it... holidays

anyway, i think this will make all the difference in the world for people in congested urban areas who are getting MPG figures in the low 30's...

awesome!!

BUT... still waiting for a plug