1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Sneak Peek of the New Prius - Picture 2

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. bossdowner

bossdowner New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thank you! A kind word always goes a long way in that it has a residual effect. There seems to be a shortage of this commodity these days.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    You are The Man Mr. Bossdowner lol. I felt it was a kick in the butt to too many people who are serious about their Prius ownership to put out those stupid pics Toyota began doing.

Here's to hoping you can find more pictures to share with us all; Please know it is WELL appreciated. :first:

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    bossdowner,

Do you have any rear shot? I would love to see the hatch interior as well. :D

4. Spook

Spook Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    A third glovebox???

5. TummyMan

TummyMan Tummy Man

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  6. Clubford00

Clubford00 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Bomb Hatch !

7. fruzzetti

fruzzetti Customization-Obsessed

California (Pulled over 6x, ticketed 2x for tint)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's clearly a "Find your local crazy Italian" button. I'm back... and the car is more modded than ever... MUAHAHAHAHA...

I think I want one of these 2010 cars. Maybe. I like the sportier interior, but I'm a little irked. I don't want to give up all my unique customization to just nobody...

Hmmmmm...

~ dan ~

8. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    If the people from Toyota are reading these posts:

I HATE THE NEW CONSOLE!
    It is mostly wasted space and makes the 'cockpit' cramped and claustrophobic.

The shifter is too big and is in the way of some controls. It is in the wrong place anyway, put it back on the dash. We rarely touch it, this is not a manual transmission vehicle. Or replace it with 5 buttons - Park, Drive, Neutral, Reverse, Braking Mode; it has no mechanical linkage and doesn't need a big knob.

The armrest is too short, and mostly unusable when slid back to use the cup holder hidden inside. (seen in other pictures of this abomination) The cup holder on the up slope makes the forward part of the cup 'up against a wall' and difficult to grasp.

The sloping display will have more glare than the current display.

It looks like there are round knobs on both top corners of the display. What do they do? Smooth, small, round knobs are NOT ergonomic.

I presume you did wind tunnel tests. However, the 'single point of contact with the wind' seems to have been lost with the bulbous nose bump.
    Why are the headlights not flush with the 'nose' on the mid-line sides? That and the flat fronted DRL (I HOPE)/fog light things look like wind resistance to me.

Looks like access to the front of the radiator is lost with the short hood. I block my upper grill from the inside. Of course IF you designed an optional 'cold weather' automatic radiator blocking feature (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!) this doesn't matter.

9. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    OK, it is clearly a painted piece of bent metal which suggests it is NOT a rocker switch. And since it IS bent metal, I doubt it is an electrical switch.

BUT, since there is no way to get your fingers behind it, it must be a push lever of some sort so I guess it does 'rock' when you push the part that is outermost (Open in the picture).

I doubt it is for the plug in door, I presume that would work the same as the gas filler door - open from the inside, close by pushing the door closed from the outside.

If it is for a sun roof I REALLY REALLY hope they don't stuff it in specific packages because I REALLY REALLY don't LIKE sunroofs. They take up head room and I don't need extra light in the car.

10. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Senior Member

Outer Banks of NC.. Retired to play golf and poker
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to say that the Open/Close rocker switch is for a 'discovery panel' that slides back to expose the solar array in the roof.

For the other pic, the one that has the 'SOS' on it along with the icons for what appear to be the interior lights, I think that a forward toggle will activate the accident avoidance system when it's available.

11. inventor00

inventor00 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I will be tacky and say 1. hood open/close 2. Hatch open /close
    No sunroof - boo-hoo.

12. Bob Allen

Bob Allen Captainbaba

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
  13. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here we go...a shot of the Toyota Venza ceiling...the switch on the right looks remarkably similar to the sneak peek.
    [​IMG]
    *crossposted from http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-hybrid-news/56606-sneak-peek-new-prius-11-a.html#post761262

14. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So that means both the Open/Close and the Up/Down buttons are rocker switches? The Venza's Open/Close switch is different from the Up/Down.

I prefer the Tilt/Slide one rocker switch myself. I'm not sure why they switched back to the 2 switches.