1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Snow tips please...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by foodmongrel, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I assume that you have a Touring model with 16" wheels. You might consider getting snow tires in the 185/65-R15 size along with steel 15" wheels. These are narrower than your 16" size so they should do better in the snow. Also the 15" tires should be less expensive as you'll have a greater selection of tire models to choose from.

The only problem with getting different wheels for your winter tires is that your tire pressure monitoring system won't be working in the winter...

2. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    With snows, i found a day vs night difference, but I respect that some people don't feel they need them.

3. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have a Priius Touring, and I'm running 15" winter wheels & tires -- just as Patrick Wong suggested and for the reasons he gave. As I check the tire pressure periodically myself, the missing TPMS system isn't a problem for me during winter.

4. Aegison

Aegison Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    foodmongrel, I sent you an email -- check it if you haven't already.

5. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    HURRY, before the snow melts, else we shall never know..........:cheer2:

6. foodmongrel

foodmongrel New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have been stalling....there's been little snowfall here in Chi-town. Saving my pennies!

7. Paul R. Haller

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in California bay area and we get rain not snow in winter. The integrity tires on the car new were just plain scary. I drove on them for a year and finally gave up on them and bought some Michelin X tires. What a difference...I could not believe that tires could have such a profound difference. Now the car feels sure footed and even nimble compared to before slowing to 10 MPH around a wet curve for fear of the car spinning out.
    The integrity tires are absolute ****. Do yourself a favor and buy some Nokians or Michelin and you will not beleive the difference.
    -Paul R. Haller-