1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

SNUBBED by a Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TonyPSchaefer, Oct 21, 2004.

1. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    i agree with Henry... the number of Priuses i see now seems to grow every day now. one day last week i saw (albeit most were ones i had seen previously) over a dozen Priuses and that was in a 1.1 mile drive to the gym (4 in the lot including mine) then back to home, another where i live visiting a neighbor. then to work 1.3 miles. was behind a blue one turning towards St. Peters (wasnt Henry though.. he is silver anyway) but also had a tidelands going my way until Sleater-Kinney where he went straight and i turned only to see another one in the left turn lane. stopped at drive in expresso and had another one pull in behind me... it goes on and on.

3 of the ones i saw still had temp plates on them. its funny when i ordered my car i thought it would be green like the brousure was... and i looked high and low for another tidelands pearl to no avail.

now there are at least 10-15 of them locally.

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Sorry you felt snubbed TonyP . . .
    But, if you want to get over that feeling quickly, try driving through Los Angeles in a Prius!!

Lots of heads will turn to see who is in the Prii, but once they see you are not a movie star they loose interest quickly . . . it’s not the car they are interested in. What a bunch of wannabe oblivions!

I was turning my head for Prii too - but even if there were a “star†inside, I’d still be more interested in looking at the car. Thankfully no “star†sightings . . . I’d hate to give the Prius Wave for fear of looking like a wannabe oblivion!

Or maybe it was me who looked like a wannabe by driving a Prius. . . . ooh the insanity of La La Land. I hate it there . . . except the freeways - sure, they were bumper to bumper, but it was great for gas mileage!

3. macreative

macreative New Member

Does your train of thought have a caboose?

4. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

5. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Kinda old topic, but it seemd to be the best place.

I've given waves to Prii, with no real time to know if they responded.

I was sitting a light Friday on the way home from work. Line of cars coming, no right on red possible. I noticed how bright the lights were on one car, clearly HIDs. I was wondering if they were OEM or add ons when it got close enough that I saw it was a Prius! First time I've seen one with lights on coming perpendicular. Whoo hoo! It got closer and I saw it was a Seaside. Then the best part. The lady in the passenger seat was waving VERY exhuberently at me. I'm pretty sure it was because of the car, not my looks. ;-) Of course I waved back! If I hadn't been late or had needed cat food, I would have followed them into the Pet Food Warehouse. Dang. I saw another Prius later and waved. He either wasn't looking or didn't care to wave back.

I dropped my daughter at a party this afternoon. I noticed the neighbors' have a Seaside. It wasn't the same car though as the one on Friday had a plate that suggested it had been 'in the family' for many a year, 4 digits and it was not a personailzed plate. The one 'next door' was a standard 3 character 3 digit plate, minted this year.

6. FloridaShark

FloridaShark Member

Saw my first Salsa (besides mine) going through a Mc Donalds drive through as I was pulling into a strip mall,going to get some dinner at an Italian restaurant. Other than that one,I haven't seen one in three weeks.

7. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Look at the grille. The HCH will have a singl thick bar across the grille area. It looks like this:

[​IMG]

8. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And the different alloy wheels and front-roof mounted antenna