1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So Cal dealers Experiences

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by Semicharmedguy26, Sep 14, 2004.

1. kez

kez New Member

I have been on a wait list with South Bay Toyota in Gardena. The Fleet Manager is Pablo Gutierrez. I placed a $500 deposit down on July 6, 2004, and got an agreement in writing to purchase at MSRP. He told me that it would be about a 4-6 month wait. I have been calling him about once a month to get an update on my position on the waitlist, which has gone from starting at #32 July 6, to #21 August 19, to #15 Sept 10. Just last week, I received a phone call from him on an available 2005 Prius - unfortunately, it was a color that wasn't preferable, so I had to pass.

So far, I have been satisfied with South Bay Toyota and Pablo. He doesn't respond well to emails, but he responds well to phone calls, and it looks like we will be getting a Prius within the 4-6 month timeframe that he quoted me.

2. heron

heron New Member

Great Experience at Crown in Ontario CA

Only had to wait 6 days at Crown in Ontario California

Got a 2005 for $100 Under invoice as an AAA member through their fleet office
    Probably a matter of being in the right place at the right time - the salesman said that someone had reserved one and didn't want it, and that I could have it if I wanted.

My first contact with them was filling out the "request for a quote" on their website last monday (4 Oct 2004). I picked up the car on Saturday (9 Oct 2004).
    FYI it was a 2005 Prius w/package #6 (BC) - the one with the NAV system

My salesman was Mike Breicha - friendly, competent, knowledgeable - no
    nonsense! I can give him and Crown Toyota a great recommendation!

I have no affiliation with Mike or Crown other than as a satisfied customer.

Also - I was on waiting lists at dealerships in Carson, Corona, and Santa Monica.
    I told all the dealers that I was signing up for multiple waiting lists, and I'd buy from
    whoever could get me a car at MSRP first.

Vance

3. 05milbc

05milbc New Member

I highly recommend Claremont Toyota. They quickly fill your order at MSRP. Ruby Fox is the Prius Queen. She is friendly and persistent. I was on their list in April--three months later she called but I was not ready to buy. She called again a month later so I told her that I wouldn't be ready until October-November. She called last week and I am now driving my Silver BC. Great mileage and fun to drive.

4. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Avoid Elmore Toyota in Westminster like the plague.
    Email me if you want more details, but please go anywhere else.
    Mine was bought at Elmore and the entire experience was horrid.

5. dnbinfv

dnbinfv Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Brad, I totally agree with you. I bought mine at Elmore as well. I would never recommend them to anyone.

On a good note,we are now a two Prius family. We put our name on Power Toyota of Irvine, last February. It was delivered this week, the experience was 1000% better. It was at MSRP, all options were thoroughly discussed. When they found we had better rates elsewhere, there was absolutely no pressure. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Donna
    Silver 04 #9
    Salsa 05 BC

6. GEB

GEB New Member

Avoid Keys Toyota!!!!!!

Never recieved a preorder from Nov of last year! They are trying to get 5k over MSRP! Keys will say anything!

Final got my from Fallon Toyota near reno! MSRP great people and won some money on the craps tables! Give Fallon a call!

7. kez

kez New Member

I just wanted to post a follow-up to my previous message above - I got a call from South Bay Toyota (Gardena) yesterday, telling me they had a blue '05 Prius with Package #6 available for me! I went there later that evening and picked it up.

Pablo Gutierrez, the Internet Fleet Manager there, was the salesperson I initially talked to. I placed a $500 deposit down back in July of this year, and he told me it would be about 4-6 months. It turned out to be 4.5 months - not bad. The other internet salesperson who helped me out with checkout of the car is Patrick Peters - a really knowledgeable guy about the Prius. Even the finance guy (Bill) that completed the paperwork was great - I told him I was planning on getting the platinum extended warranty through Priuschat.com for $985 with $0 deductible, and he matched it right on the spot, without even needing proof of the website and the group warranty offer!

I am not affiliated with South Bay Toyota. I really recommend them to anyone close to the South Bay. I was on their waiting list, and on a waiting list with Carson Toyota, but seems like so was everyone else, thus the long wait through Carson. They don't respond well to emails, but I was pretty good at calling Pablo or Patrick once a month to get an update on my position on the wait list, which might have helped me in getting it a bit sooner, since I was probably a bit more proactive than others on the list who might have been ahead of me.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Carson Toyota may have a long waiting list, but Dianne always answered my emails within hours.

9. kez

kez New Member

Correction - by "they" I meant South Bay Toyota - do not respond well to emails. I agree, Dianne and the other internet staff are great - I previously bought a Celica GT through them, and always recommend them to any people I know that are in the market for a Toyota. Their level of service is second to none.

That though, is probably one of the big reasons why so many people are on her wait list, me included. But, there weren't as many people on South Bay Toyota's wait list, which afforded me a lesser wait.

10. 1prius001

1prius001 New Member

Hello All!!!

I have Prius vehicles available at MSRP for my Prius Chat clients and friends. No Waiting list!!! Let me know how I can help you. Furthermore, dealers who charge over MSRP are not doing you any favors!

Regards,

Kent Cochran
    Internet Sales Manager
    970-302-8711
    [email protected]

11. PatrickJ

PatrickJ New Member

I recommend Quality Toyota in Corona - excellent service in every way. I took delivery 2 days ago (2005 Millenium Silver, Option 6) after waiting less than a week, and paid MSRP. The original wait time given to me was 6 weeks but one became available almost immediately. Ask for the Fleet Manager, David Roberts.

12. ricebom

ricebom New Member

I understand from a previous post that Ruby Fox is the "Prius Queen" of Claremont Toyota who will be able to get the car for you at MSRP. Nothing against her, but I was just e-mailed from Peter Mehanna from (Claremont Toyota also) trying to sell me a Prius at $2000 over MSRP. Peter's e-mail would then negate Claremont Toyota as a place where you can get a Prius for MSRP. It might just be because the Prius is available right now. I'm in no hurry. I currently have my name down at Michael Toyota in Fresno for a white #6 at MSRP. Another post said that these guys were great. I have not been disappointed so far with their professionalism. I just hope the Prius comes in within the next three months. It would make my wife very happy. If not, I'll just take her to Disneyland.

13. LoreePrius

LoreePrius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    [font=Tahoma:573da78d76] [/font:573da78d76] I put my name on the wasting list with Michael Toyota about 2 1/2 weeks ago after I got to test drive a white Prius at Michaels. Evan and Seba at Michael Toyota are very helpful. Evan is very knowable with the Prius. You can tell that talking to him in person. Evan told me that there is a 3 months wait but it might be sooner than that.

14. 1prius001

1prius001 New Member

To all my Prius Chat Buddies,

As a dealer I am sick and tired of people getting ripped off by other dealers! I do have prius's available for sale that I hold strictly for prius chat members. Brand new and only MSRP. Contact me if I may assist you in any way possible.

Regards,

Kent Cochran
    Internet Sales Manager
    Ehrlich Toyota
    970-302-8711
    [email protected]
    www.ehrlichtoyota.com

15. Semicharmedguy26

Semicharmedguy26 New Member

I finally got my prius from Claremont Toyota for MSRP, the rep i got was jonathan. Nice guy, he knew about the long waits and such he didn't really need to do any price gouging or anything. He didn't push the "buy the extended warranty" hard like other dealers and was a easy deal to finish. So i'd say my experience with Claremon toyota was good, it was easy going and smooth. ended up with a Silver BC for about 30K after taxes and such. MSRP isn't bad but once Uncle Sam takes his cut, crap...