1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So-Cal Event-GoElectricDrive Day & EVS26

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Prius Team, May 2, 2012.

1. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    For those of you in the area, I wanted to make sure you knew about a great event starting this Sunday.

It's a great opportunity to check out the latest electrified vehicles and test drive some as well. Toyota will have the Prius Plug-in and the Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle (based on the Highlander) available for test drives. Please see the coupon link below for a discount on entry.

Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories

Hope to see you there!
    Best,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA

2 people like this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Erica, is there any estimated / projected price info on the hydrogen vehicle? ... plus or minus $50,000 ??
    ;)
    my bad ... I couldn't resist.
    Any chance they'll have a RAV4-EV - Gen II there?

EDIT:
    I just got an email related to the event . . . VIA motors full size SUV / Pickup (aftermrket company) will have demos there for test drives:

VIA Motors

Their full size vehicles use a 402 hp electric motor. Zeez!
    Hey, the MUST be great . . . they're sponsored by Bob Lutz
    ;)

I don't know if I'll ever get used to having Lutz 'on our side'. It somehow feels like having one of those priests babysitting my kids.

3. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    :bump:

A great time was had by all today ... and the throngs of folks making the trek to Los Angeles were not disappointed (unless you were looking for vendors of after market PHEV kits ... do-it-yourself, or otherwise ... what's up with that?) There were more manufacturer brands of EV's and hydrogen vehicles than you could shake a stick at. We took test drives in the Hond Clarity, the hydrogen (what I affectionately call the Hindenburg) Highlander ... EV Focus ... BYD's EV cross-over etc etc. Of course there were plenty of PiP's & Volts to be check out by the masses as well. Inside the L.A. Colosseum they had tons of prototypes, concepts, chargers, do-dad's, and soon to be released EV's. They had the RAV4-EV ... Honda Fit EV and more (no Chevy Spark...dang). Below, are pic's I took of MY 2 all time favorite EV's . . . . something old . . . and something new (no ... not my wife & I :p ):

[​IMG]

This is the Infinity EV - based off of the much uglier and much more sparsely appointed Nissan Leaf - though its guts are very similar ... but better. This Pewter colored paint REALLY looked nice. The headlights were trippy ... Is it just me? ... they kind of reminded me of the shape of a hawk or an eagle about to swoop down on its prey:

[​IMG]

That was my favorite "something new". Below is my favorite something old. Kinda got me a little misty as we stood there :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dang ... we haven't been that close to a GM EV in over 10 years.
    Anyway ... we searched high & low to see if Erica was there . . . but no luck.

4. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Sorry Hill, I was there for set up on Saturday, then the symposium on Monday and Tuesday but I did skip Sunday (a little time for the fam).

Sorry to have missed you, glad it was fun!
    Erica