1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So did they SELL OUT?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by euge.lee, Nov 17, 2011.

1. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I even tried FOR him.... I tried Firefox, Safari, and IE - and on three diff computers!

2. evnow

evnow Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh no. This is a Leaf repeat. Some people are going to be late in ordering and get their cars late because of some website issue.

I can't beleive these giant corporations can't get a low volume website up & running without major problems. With Leaf - we know the problem was they hired a company that makes beautiful websites, but are not experienced when it comes to transactions.

3. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That's what I do professionally. You don't want to know the challenges faced. It's a jungle out there... so many different potential problems from such a variety of users & configurations. Sometimes it amazes me what we do accomplish.

4. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I hear you John, but that just makes me all the more sure that that's why they should keep things like this as simple as conceivably possible. They hire these agencies who are determined to make a really cool/flashy/fancy web site as a priority over universal bullet-proof functionality. As noted above, the Nissan site had fancy moving spinning things and, for those who could get into the site, we had a wonderfully pretty experience. But when the majority can't even get logged in, that's a problem.

I don't think the PIP site was nearly as troublesome, but I still believe they could/should have made it so simple that you could log in from your smart phone and order with just a few clicks.

5. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks everyone for your patience today as we worked through some launch bugs.

These types of order systems (given the complexity of the systems that they tie into on the backend) are much more complicated that they probably seem like they need to be.

Evan--feel free to paste this into the sticky, I don't think I have access to add to that thread Paradox started.

BUG UPDATE: The good news, most of the bugs have now been resolved. We are currently still on sale in all 14 launch states (the soldout bug has been taken care of). For those still having challenges with logging in, I'm told the most effective browsers are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox version 7 and up and IE 8.

Please let me know if there are other questions I can help answer.

Thanks,
    Erica Gartsbeyn
    Prius Product Manager
    Toyota USA