1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

So, I have a secret. A guilty pleasure almost. OK, I’ll just say it: I think the Prime is beautiful.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by EspressoFueled, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Oniki

Oniki Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I rarely like the look of any car from every angle and my grey metal Prime is no exception:

Front: Nice!
    Side: Sculpted, sportyish
    Back: Keep walking ;-)

2. Jawsch

Jawsch Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I'm of the same mindset; I love the look of the Prime.

I've read tons of reviews that knock the looks and I just don't get it. I've never had a lift-back and was always hesitant about Prius' and lift-backs in general. I've driven Corollas all my life; 92, 05 and 09 so switching to a Prius will be completely new for me.

I'd always had negative opinions of the Prius as a wimpy car but, on a whim, test drove one earlier this year and fell in love with it. I drove that thing for about 2 hours and just had a blast. I started looking into them and came across the Prime and was instantly sold.

Most of the things writers and reviewers knock and dislike about the Prime, I love or don't care about.

The looks? A++
    Seats 4? Don't care
    Less space in the back? Don't care; as long as groceries fit.
    Less HP than a Corolla? Pfft, I didn't notice when I test drove a regular 2017 Prius. I felt like it drove better than my 09 Corolla by far
    The wave turns some people off? I LOVE IT

Everyone at work has said how much they like the Prime. No one has said anything negative about the Blue Magnetism color. (Maybe they're biased? We do all work for Toyota afterall LOL) There's only 1 here and it's the only one I've ever seen because none of the dealerships in the entire state have one and I've never seen one out in the wild. I'm pumped about getting my next month and now Toyota has said they're putting in charging stations in the coming months for FREE charging. Woo!

I was torn between the Blue Magnetism and Hypersonic Red. I heard they might be doing that heat reflecting green soon? If so, holy crap I'm excited because I'm doing an employee lease, so switching to the Green should be fairly easy to do if I end up liking it.

I'm sure when I get my Prime I'll have a few things that I'm not 100% sold on; I already am disappointed they didn't extend the taillights to be the length of the top "wave". That would have really been a nice addition.

Craig21029 and priuscatprimeguy like this.